Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    May 21, 2026
    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    May 21, 2026
    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe
    • Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate
    • INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers
    • Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes
    • Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president
    • Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad
    • Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term
    • Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    US to return $52.88m forfeited by Diezani Alison-Madueke

    David GreatBy David GreatJanuary 10, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Diezani Alison-Madueke arrives at Southwark Crown Court during her ongoing bribery trial in the United Kingdom.
    Former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Nigeria and the United States entered into an agreement on Friday to repatriate approximately $52.88 million in assets that were forfeited by former Nigerian oil minister Diezani Alison-Madueke and her associates.

    The agreement paves the way for the initial repatriation to Nigeria of assets associated with Alison-Madueke that are located outside the West African nation.

    Attorney General of Nigeria and Justice Minister Lateef Fagbemi said the agreement with the US enables “the repatriation of approximately $52.88 million arising from the forfeiture of the Galactica assets, linked to the former Petroleum Resources Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke and her associates.”

    The agreement comes after a civil complaint was filed by the US Justice Department in 2017, seeking to recover approximately $144 million in assets that were reportedly acquired through bribes to the former minister.

    The lawsuit claimed that two Nigerian businessmen colluded with others to offer bribes to Alison-Madueke, who managed the nation’s state-owned oil company, NNPC Ltd.

    • Diezani’s estranged husband begs court to stop ex-minister from using his name

    Diezani Alison-Madueke, whose location remains uncertain but was last reported to be in Britain, has previously refuted the corruption charges levelled against her.

    She served as a minister during the presidency of Goodluck Jonathan from 2010 until May 2015.

    According to Fagbemi, the funds will be directed towards supporting rural electrification projects via the World Bank, with $50 million designated for enhancing access to renewable energy.

    The remaining $2.88 million will be allocated as a grant by Nigeria to the International Institute for Justice to enhance counter-terrorism capabilities throughout Africa, he stated.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    Aliyu sacks all Sokoto educational authorities

    Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    May 21, 2026
    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    May 21, 2026
    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    May 21, 2026
    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkey president

    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.