Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    2027: Tinubu wins APC primary election in Gombe

    May 23, 2026
    Celtic extend league league with pulsating win over Rangers

    Celtic win Scottish Cup to complete double

    May 23, 2026
    Hull promoted to Premier League after 1-0 win over Middlesbrough

    Hull promoted to Premier League after 1-0 win over Middlesbrough

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • 2027: Tinubu wins APC primary election in Gombe
    • Celtic win Scottish Cup to complete double
    • Hull promoted to Premier League after 1-0 win over Middlesbrough
    • Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy
    • INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action
    • WHO loses member country as Argentina quits
    • 2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries
    • Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Trump to Iran: Open Strait of Hormuz in 48 hours or face ‘hell’

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedApril 5, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    EU-US trade tensions rise as Trump threatens 25% car tariffs
    US President Donald Trump
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    US President Donald Trump has warned Iran to open the Strait of Hormuz or risk “hell raining down” on the country.

    Trump’s comments, contained in a Truth Social post on Saturday, mark a resumption of his threats to Iran last month over the closure of the waterway.

    “Remember when I gave Iran 10 days to MAKE A DEAL or OPEN UP THE HORMUZ STRAIT? Time is running out — 48 hours before all hell will rain down on them. Glory be to God!” the US president wrote.

    Earlier in March, Tehran said the strait, one of the world’s busiest oil shipping channels would be open to all vessels except those from the US and its allies.

    On March 22, Trump said he would “hit and obliterate” Iranian power plants “starting with the biggest one first” if the strait was not fully reopened within 48 hours.

    In response, Iran warned it would completely close the Strait of Hormuz if Trump carried out his threats.

    Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) also said companies with US ties would be “completely destroyed,” along with the “power plants of regional countries hosting US bases,” if Iranian energy facilities were targeted.

    • ‘Paper tiger organisation’, Trump threatens NATO exit over Iran war row

    A day after Iran’s position, Trump said the US would postpone the strikes for five days.

    The US president’s fresh threats come days after he said the Strait of Hormuz would open “naturally” after the conflict ends.

    Earlier, Iran said it would grant permission for vessels carrying “essential goods” to pass through the strait.

    However, it remains unclear what Iran defines as “essential” goods or whether it will maintain its blockade on vessels from countries it considers hostile.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    2027: Tinubu wins APC primary election in Gombe

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    2027: Tinubu wins APC primary election in Gombe

    May 23, 2026
    Celtic extend league league with pulsating win over Rangers

    Celtic win Scottish Cup to complete double

    May 23, 2026
    Hull promoted to Premier League after 1-0 win over Middlesbrough

    Hull promoted to Premier League after 1-0 win over Middlesbrough

    May 23, 2026
    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    May 23, 2026
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.