Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    May 23, 2026
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy
    • INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action
    • WHO loses member country as Argentina quits
    • 2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries
    • Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election
    • Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister
    • ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition
    • NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Thousands protest in France, call for end to Isreal-Hamas war

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoOctober 22, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Protesters erupted with celebrations at the news that the prime minister had been dismissed
    Protesters erupted with celebrations at the news that the prime minister had been dismissed
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Thousands of protesters rallied in Paris on Sunday, demanding an end to the Israeli military operation in Gaza, which organisers described as a “massacre”, following the bloody attack by Hamas militants.

    Israel assassin, Macron complicit,” and “No peace without decolonization” were among the placards used at the protest sponsored by a left-wing collective in eastern Paris’ Place de la Republique plaza.

    Police said they made 10 arrests at the first pro-Palestinian protest in the capital that had not been banned due to security concerns.

    On Thursday, a judge overturned a police ban on a similar gathering in the capital.

    “We managed to convince the judges that we are defending human rights,” lawyer Dominique Cochin told the crowd.

    According to the police estimate, no fewer than 15,000 people attended the rally Sunday, while organisers counted 30,000.

    A similar number of protesters marched in the southern city of Marseille.

    • More aid enters Gaza as Israel intensifies strikes

    According to Gaza health officials, more than 4,600 people were killed in Israel’s reaction to the Hamas attack on October 7, which killed approximately 1,400 people.

    “You don’t have to be Palestinian to be affected by what is happening. For me, this type of gathering is a sign of desperation,” said Maya, a student who declined to give her last name.

    “It’s the only thing you can do on an individual level. The government has a role to play diplomatically. It must have stronger positions and not act as a support for Israel,” she told

    “Macron is giving Israel a licence to kill,” said Bertrand Heilbronn, the chairman of Association France Palestine Solidarity.

    Heilbronn stated that the Hamas attack had given rise to “legitimate emotion” among Israelis but that it was “criminal to exploit it to justify a war of elimination that the state of Israel is waging against the Palestinian people”.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    Former Minister of Power Adebayo Adelabu, who resigned to contest the Oyo governorship primaries, has failed to clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

    Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    May 23, 2026
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    May 23, 2026
    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.