No fewer than four soldiers were killed and five others injured when Boko Haram terrorists attacked a military post in Ngamdu, along the Damaturu–Maiduguri Road in Kaga Local Government Area of Borno State.
The terrorist attack, which occurred around 2:30 a.m. on Friday, was repelled by troops of Operation Hadin Kai after a fierce gun battle.
Confirming the incident in a statement on Friday evening, the spokesperson for Operation Hadin Kai, Lt. Col. Uba Sani, disclosed that the terrorists suffered heavy casualties during the attack.
The statement read, “Troops of Operation HADIN KAI successfully repelled a coordinated terrorist attack in the Ngamdu general area, following a swift response by forces on the ground and reinforcement elements from 29 Task Force Brigade.
“The terrorists employed Rocket Propelled Grenades (RPGs), armed drones, and command-initiated Improvised Explosive Devices, targeting troops and their own platforms.”
He stated, despite the intensity of the attack, the troops held their ground.
“Unfortunately, our own troops recorded 4 x Killed in Action (KIA) and 5 x Wounded in Action (WIA). Additionally, some Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles and Gun Trucks (GTs) sustained varying degrees of damage during the encounter,” the statement added.
He mentioned that the terrorists attempted to prevent reinforcements and inflict further casualties by planting multiple IEDs along the Ngamdu–Damaturu Main Supply Route (MSR).
“This necessitated a temporary closure of the MSR, as engineers swiftly responded to clear 3 IED-laden spots.”
“Following successful clearance, the MSR has now been reopened to both military and civilian movement,” he added.
Sani added that in reaction to the attack, troops were swiftly resupplied with key supplies, such as MRAP tires and ammunition, to sustain operations and restore full mobility.
Sani stated that credible evidence showed that the terrorists had sustained significant losses, with reports of approximately 15 bodies buried near Bula Wura, near Wasaram.
He praised the military for their bravery and informed the public that peace had been restored in the area.
Meanwhile, vehicles reported bottlenecks on the route while the military conducted a post-attack inspection.
A supervisor with Borno Express, a transport company, Muktar Yahaya, told reporters that several of their buses were stranded due to the military operation.
He said, “Boko Haram launched an attack in Ngamdu. Many of our buses were on hold because of military checks in the area.
“As of this morning (Friday), vehicles were parked by the roadsides, unable to venture and continue their respective journeys.”









