Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    SERAP sues CCB over Electoral Act, tax bills abuses

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedApril 6, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    SERAP sues CCB over Electoral Act, tax bills abuses
    Chairman of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) Abdullahi Bello
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has filed a lawsuit against the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) over its failure to investigate allegations of alterations in the Electoral Act (Amendment) Bill and the Tax Reform Bills.

    It is alleged that certain lawmakers improperly removed key sections on the electronic transmission of election results from the Electoral Act (Amendment) Bill during plenary and unlawfully altered aspects of the tax reform bills.

    In suit number FHC/ABJ/CS/634/2026, filed last week at the Federal High Court in Abuja, SERAP is seeking an order of mandamus to compel the CCB to probe allegations that certain lawmakers improperly removed key provisions on the electronic transmission of election results from the bill.

    SERAP is also seeking an order of mandamus directing the CCB to investigate claims that certain lawmakers and executive branch officials unlawfully altered aspects of the tax reform bills, resulting in discrepancies between the versions passed by lawmakers and the gazetted copies available to the public.

    SERAP argues that the Code of Conduct for Public Officers is a constitutional requirement designed to ensure probity, accountability, and transparency in public life.

    • Three ministers resign as Tinubu enforces Electoral Act

    In the suit, filed on behalf of SERAP by its lawyers Kolawole Oluwadare, Kehinde Oyewumi, and Andrew Nwankwo, the organisation stated: “Public officers are bound by constitutional standards of conduct, and breaches of such standards ought to attract constitutional consequences.”

    Citing Paragraph One of the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of Nigeria 1999, SERAP noted that public officers are prohibited from placing themselves in situations where personal interests conflict with official duties.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.