Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    • Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border
    • Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo
    • Terrorists kidnap four in fresh Kwara attack
    • US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism
    • Ambulance hits woman near finish line at Lagos City Marathon
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    #RoyalVisitNigeria: Prince Charles cancels visit to Nigerian city

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 6, 2018No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Prince Charles and President Nana Akufo Addo
    Prince Charles and President Nana Akufo Addo
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Prince Charles and President Nana Akufo Addo
    Prince Charles and President Nana Akufo Addo

    The Prince of Wales’s visit to a Nigerian city has been cancelled after security measures introduced following deadly regional clashes disrupted plans for the trip.

    Charles is said to be disappointed not to be travelling to Jos on the last day of his west African tour, when he would have heard first hand about the inter-communal violence between farmers and cattle herders.

    The Prince also went to the university to plant a tree and inaugurate ‘The Prince of Wales Park’. pic.twitter.com/4YDkZ3U9V1

    — Clarence House (@ClarenceHouse) November 5, 2018

    The Duchess also visited the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Tehnology (K.N.U.S.T.) Literacy and Essay Prize Event where Her Royal Highness joined a number of children’s reading circles.#RoyalVisitGhana ???????? pic.twitter.com/teOdrOwGkc

    — Clarence House (@ClarenceHouse) November 5, 2018

    The Foreign Office stressed the cancellation on Thursday was not security related, as the recent clashes would not have prevented the visit, but rather it was the authorities’security measures, introduced after the violence, which have affected operational arrangements for the trip.

    A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: “Due to operational constraints beyond our control, we have decided at this time not to include Jos during their royal highnesses’ visit to Nigeria.

    “We are delighted to have an exciting programme of activity in Abuja and Lagos which will showcase those issues close to the Prince’s and the Duchess’s hearts.

    “The decision was taken upon advice from the Nigerian Government and others involved in security and operational aspects of the visit.”

    The prince will now spend Thursday in the Nigerian capital of Abuja when he is due to hear about efforts to bring the communities together in Nigeria’s plateau state.

    READ: Labour suspends nationwide strike

    Clashes between the mostly Muslim nomadic cattle herders and Christian farmers, usually over land and grazing rights, have escalated into deadly violence which has killed thousands over the last year.

    Earlier the prince, who is on the Ghana-leg of his west African tour, gave a speech where he outlined his continued concerns about the threat of climate change, rapid urbanisation and depletion of resources.

    ???? Their Royal Highnesses take to the dance floor, joining The President and the First Lady of Ghana. ????#RoyalVisitGhana ???????? pic.twitter.com/XOFfmWlBEq

    — Clarence House (@ClarenceHouse) November 6, 2018

    He told his audience, which included Ghana’s president Nana Akufo-Addo and the Duchess of Cornwall, that the Commonwealth could play a vital part in safeguarding the planet.

    The Prince of Wales gave a speech talking about the people and the sustainable social enterprises he has met on the visit to Ghana. pic.twitter.com/HwW7FzxqTt

    — Clarence House (@ClarenceHouse) November 6, 2018

    Charles said: “In such an uncertain and changing world, none of us can know what kind of a planet our grandchildren, and great grandchildren, will inhabit, but the Commonwealth, it seems to me, offers us a vital mechanism to help ensure that it is not poisoned and polluted and that its vitality is not compromised.

    “Therefore, we owe it to them – and to every one of our 2.3 billion fellow Commonwealth citizens – to renew and strengthen the partnerships between us, and use them to give life to the aspirations of each generation.”

    After the speech, the prince attended a plastics event where groups, from artists and civil society to the Ghanaian government and industry experts, outlined plans and ideas to tackle the issue.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    Amotekun arrests 170 anti-open grazing law violators

    Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo

    Terrorists abduct nine Catholic church worshippers in Benue

    Terrorists kidnap four in fresh Kwara attack

    US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism

    US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism

    Ambulance hits woman near finish line at Lagos City Marathon

    Ambulance hits woman near finish line at Lagos City Marathon

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    February 15, 2026
    Amotekun arrests 170 anti-open grazing law violators

    Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.