Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    May 19, 2026
    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race
    • Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west
    • Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’
    • Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak
    • DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation
    • JUST IN: EFCC arrests convicted ex-power minister Mamman in Kaduna
    • Adimike Godwin: NYSC member kills father in Abuja
    • Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, May 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    REVEALED: Reason Multichoice removed TB Joshua’s Emmanuel TV from platforms

    David GreatBy David GreatJanuary 25, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Reason Multichoice removed TB Joshua’s Emmanuel TV from platforms
    TB Joshua died a week to his 58th birthday
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Multichoice informed owners of Emmanuel TV as far back as August 2023 that the channel would be removed from its platforms if the viewership figures did not improve, TheCable can report.

    Emmanuel TV, founded by TB Joshua, the controversial Nigerian pastor who died in June 2021, was finally discontinued on January 17, 2024 after a final performance review.

    Contrary to speculations that the channel was discontinued because of BBC’s damning documentary on the life and times of the founder of the Synagogue Church of All Nations, a senior member of the church has revealed the inside details to TheCable.

    “Last year, we got a letter dated 7 August 2023 from MultiChoice Nigeria Limited regarding the channel distribution agreement between MultiChoice Africa (Proprietary) Limited and Emmanuel Global Network South Africa entered into on 29 October 2015,” the church official, who declined to be identified, told TheCable.

    “The letter was signed by Mr John Ugbe, the Nigeria CEO. He said the metrics of all channels on DStv and GOtv platforms are monitored by the Multichoice regularly and that Emmanuel TV was performing poorly.

    “This was not surprising, to be honest. The moving spirit of Emmanuel TV was Pastor Joshua and since his death, things were never going to be the same again.

    “MultiChoice said it expends considerable resources in terms of satellite and DTT capacity and subscriber management to distribute channels. As a result, only channels which maintain minimum performance standards are carried on their platforms, according to the CEO.”

    • TB Joshua adopted Ajoke who was abandoned under a truck – Wiseman Harry

    Emmanuel TV was given November 8, 2023 for another performance review, after which Multichoice served notice that the channel would be discontinued.

    “Multichoice wrote us again on 7 December 2023 saying that they had concluded the reassessment of Emmanuel TV’s performance between 7 August 2023 and 8 November 2023. They concluded that channel had not met the 90-day improvement targets and would be discontinued effective 17 January 2024,” the official said.

    Emmanuel TV responded two weeks later, precisely on December 22, 2023, requesting termination “by mutual consent”.

    It also said the wording of the messages to subscribers should read “Emmanuel TV Channel Exit” and not “Emmanuel TV Channel Termination”.

    On December 19, 2023, MultiChoice sent an SMS to subscribers to notify them that Emmanuel TV would be discontinued.

    In the SMS sent to its DStv customers, MultiChoice said: “Dear DStv Customer, please be advised that Emmanuel TV (DStv channel 390) will no longer be available from 17 January, 2024 at 10.59. Please, visit dstv.com to check our latest content line-up.”

    The BBC Africa Eye documentary accusing Joshua of rape, torture, and forced abortions was aired on January 8, 2024.

     

    The Cable

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak

    DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation

    DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation

    Former Power Minister Saleh Mamman arrested by EFCC operatives in Kaduna after corruption conviction and sentencing.

    JUST IN: EFCC arrests convicted ex-power minister Mamman in Kaduna

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    May 19, 2026
    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’

    May 19, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak

    May 19, 2026
    DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation

    DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.