Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Alvaro Arbeloa appointed as Real Madrid head coach after Alonso exit

    Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure

    May 22, 2026
    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent manager

    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure
    • Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028
    • Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit
    • Man City confirm Guardiola exit after trophy-filled 10-year reign
    • Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo
    • JUST IN: Sani approves nearly N1bn for Kaduna workers’ entitlements
    • Trump sends 5000 US troops to Poland, NATO gives nod
    • Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Queen Elizabeth marks her 95th birthday, thanks the public for messages

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorApril 21, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Queen Elizabeth II marks 95th birthday
    Queen Elizabeth celebrating her 95th birthday
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Queen has thanked the public for their tributes to her husband, the late Duke of Edinburgh, as she marked her 95th birthday.

    On the Royal Family Twitter account, she said: “My family and I would like to thank you for all the support and kindness shown to us in recent days.”

    [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3J_otSqAkQ]

    She said the tributes had been a comfort in a “period of deep sadness”.

    The Queen’s birthday, which comes four days after the duke’s funeral, is being marked in a low-key, private way.

    There will be no public celebrations as the monarch continues to observe two weeks of mourning until Friday.

    No photograph celebrating the day is expected to be released this year, as would be customary.

    In the tweet, the Queen said: “We have been deeply touched, and continue to be reminded that Philip had such an extraordinary impact on countless people throughout his life.”

    She added that she had “very much” appreciated the “many” birthday messages she had received.

    Prime Minister Boris Johnson said in a tweet he would like to send the Queen “warm wishes” on her birthday, adding he has “always had the highest admiration” for her and her service.

    The Queen’s birthday falls less then two weeks after Prince Philip, her husband of 73 years, died on 9 April.

    The duke was nine weeks away from his 100th birthday, which was due to be the focus of royal celebrations this year – with the Queen’s 95th a more pared-back affair.

    • FG fumes as UK grants assylum to IPOB, MASSOB members

    Queen Elizabeth became the world’s oldest monarch in 2015.

    Her official birthday in June is marked by the Trooping the Colour parade, which has been cancelled for a second consecutive year because of the coronavirus pandemic.

    Buckingham Palace said options for a parade in the quadrangle at Windsor Castle are being considered instead.

    Last year, Buckingham Palace posted archive footage of the Queen as a child to mark her 94th birthday, which she spent in lockdown.

    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s youngest son Prince Louis, will also be celebrating his birthday this week as he turns three on Friday.

    Prince William and Catherine will also be celebrating a decade of marriage the week after, on 29 April.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Kaduna State Governor Uba Sani addressing judiciary staff union leaders during a meeting at Sir Kashim Ibrahim House in Kaduna.

    JUST IN: Sani approves nearly N1bn for Kaduna workers’ entitlements

    Trump : You're on your own, US tells citizens in Israel amid Middle East tensions 

    Trump sends 5000 US troops to Poland, NATO gives nod

    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    The Governor of Benue State, Hyacinth Alia, has expressed deep sorrow over the death of ten people in a tragic accident in the Okete community, Ohimini Local Government Area.

    Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election

    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Alvaro Arbeloa appointed as Real Madrid head coach after Alonso exit

    Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure

    May 22, 2026
    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent manager

    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Man City confirm Guardiola exit after trophy-filled 10-year reign

    May 22, 2026
    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.