Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA
    • Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation
    • Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari
    • Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86
    • Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes
    • Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists
    • Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee
    • Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha’s appeals
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police withdraw N1.3bn fraud case against Obanikoro’s son, others

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoFebruary 6, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Police withdraw N1.3bn fraud case against Obanikoro’s son, others
    Senator Musiliu Obanikoro
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigeria Police Force has dropped a fraud allegation against Mr. Gbolahan Obanikoro and four others for allegedly defrauding Access Bank of N1.3 billion.

    Obanikoro, Adejare Adegbenro, Balmoral International Limited, M.O.B. Integrated Limited, and DDSS International Company Limited were scheduled for arraignment before Justice Ambrose Lewis-Allagoa of the Federal High Court in Lagos on February 27.

    Chronicle NG reports that the Federal High Court in Lagos had on Jan 31, 2025, fixed February 27, 2025, for the arraignment of Gbolahan Obanikoro, the son of Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, and four others for alleged N1,356,057,330.43 fraud.

    According to a statement cited by Chronicle NG on Thursday, the police used Section 108(1) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015, to withdraw the charge against the defendants.

    The document, signed by Chief Superintendent of Police J. I. Enang on February 4, stated, “Take notice that the prosecution hereby withdraws the above-mentioned charge against the defendants.”

    The defendants were accused of conspiracy, acquiring under false pretences, and participating in an N1,356,057,330.43 scam in the suit designated FHC/L/902c/2024.

    The Inspector General of Police, acting through the Special Fraud Unit in Ikoyi, Lagos, accused the defendants of plotting between May and September 2013 to fraudulently collect N1,356,057,330.43 from Access Bank Plc (formerly Diamond Bank).

    They allegedly misrepresented themselves to the bank’s employees and officers, alleging that they were in the business of importing automobiles from Dubai for sale in Nigeria and that the funds were required to finance the purchase of a set of brand-new cars for resale.

    The defendants were also charged with converting, transferring, keeping, or taking possession of the funds while knowing or having reason to know that they were the profits of illegal activities.

    They were also accused of illegally converting N1 billion from the bank’s accounts for personal gain.

    When the matter came up last month, the prosecutor, M.Y. Bello, notified the court that all defendants were due to be arraigned.

    However, he requested a new date so that all defendants could appear in court and enter their pleas.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    Obasanjo says El-Rufai needed to mature before leading Nigeria

    Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.