Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel admits lying over rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC
    • Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim
    • Mirabel admits lying over rape claim
    • Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack
    • Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 
    • EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin
    • Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia
    • SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police probe bomb attack on ‘gay Jesus’ film office

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorDecember 27, 2019No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Gay Jesus film office attacked in Brazil
    Gay Jesus film office attacked in Brazil
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Police are investigating a fire-bomb attack on the Rio de Janeiro office of a production company behind a controversial Christmas special aired on streaming service Netflix.

    The episode, by comedy group Porta dos Fundos, depicts a gay Jesus bringing a boyfriend home to meet his family.

    More than 2.3m people have signed an online petition to remove the film.

    A video circulating online appears to show a far-right religious group claiming responsibility for the attack.

    In it, a group wearing ski masks and identifying itself as the “Popular Nationalist Insurgency Command of the Large Brazilian Integralist Family”, appear to attack the production company offices with Molotov cocktails.

    A statement, read with a digitally disguised voice, criticises Netflix and describes the film as blasphemous.

    • Tributes paid to RCCG pastor, 2 children who drowned at resort

    It also includes flags with nationalist and fascist connotations, Reuters news agency reports.

    The video circulated on Christmas Day – one day after Porta dos Fundos (Back Door) announced their office had been attacked.

    No-one was hurt in the early-hours incident and a security guard was able to extinguish the blaze, the group said.

    A phone with Netlix logo
    More than two million people have called for Netflix to remove the film

    In a tweet they said, in Portuguese, that they were confident that the country would “survive this torment of hatred, and love will prevail together with freedom of expression”.

    Their short Portuguese-language film, titled The First Temptation of Christ, has attracted criticism from religious groups and figures since its early-December release.

    The 46-minute video shows Jesus bringing his presumed partner, Orlando, back home to meet the holy family.

    The group, which cites British comedy group Monty Python as an influence, previously won an International Emmy for their 2018 Christmas film which depicted the Apostles waking up with terrible hangovers after the Last Supper.

    Brazil has the world’s biggest Catholic population and a growing evangelical movement that supports the government of far-right President Jair Bolsonaro – a self-described homophobe.

    His son, Eduardo, is among those who have criticised the film and Netflix Brazil.

    A @NetflixBrasil acaba de lançar um “Especial de Natal” onde Jesus Cristo (@gduvivier) é gay e tem relações com @FabioPorchat, além de se recusar a pregar a palavra de Deus

    Somos a favor da liberdade de expressão, mas vale a pena atacar a fé de 86% da população? Fica a reflexão. pic.twitter.com/OtgLJ8ryGu

    — Eduardo Bolsonaro???????? (@BolsonaroSP) December 11, 2019

    On Twitter, Juliano Medeiros, an opposition party leader, described the attack video as “unsettling” and called for “a rapid and fierce response” from the authorities to avoid further violence.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel admits lying over rape claim

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel admits lying over rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    February 20, 2026
    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.