Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    39 Niger tanker explosion victims get mass burial

    Tanker explosion kills three in Kano

    November 29, 2025
    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Tanker explosion kills three in Kano
    • Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week
    • Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA
    • Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation
    • Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari
    • Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86
    • Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes
    • Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Over 1 million apply for N-Power in 48 hours

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJune 29, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    N-Power
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The online portal for recruitment of third batch of N-Power enrolees has witnessed over one million applications barely 48 hours after it opened.

    The Federal Government had disclosed that 400,000 applicants would be absorbed into the third batch of its N-Power National Social Investment Scheme (NSIP).

    The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development commenced the enrolment process of the third batch of the N-Power beneficiaries on June 26.

    The ministry explained the enrolment will provide opportunities for more Nigerian youths to access the programme in furtherance of President Muhammadu Buhari’s vision of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty.

    An update on the enrollment exercise is contained in a statement in Abuja on Sunday night by the Deputy Director Information of the Ministry, Rhoda Iliya.

    Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management & Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq
    Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management & Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq

    It reads: “In line with the ongoing N-POWER Batch C online application which commenced Friday June 26, 2020, the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development, hereby announces that over 1,000,000 applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours after the Honourable Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq, declared open the new N-Power Portal on the Ministry’s website.

    • Senate President denies report on N-Power job slots

    “The Ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new programme which would be very focused on agriculture.

    “The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the programme.

    “The Ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants.”

    The Ministry promised that the selection process would be fair and transparent, adding that the public would be carried along at every stage.

    It also assured Nigerians the N-Power portal is secured and no data has been compromised.

    It further stated the portal is open for all Nigerians who meet the application criteria.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    39 Niger tanker explosion victims get mass burial

    Tanker explosion kills three in Kano

    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    39 Niger tanker explosion victims get mass burial

    Tanker explosion kills three in Kano

    November 29, 2025
    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.