Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    EFCC anti-corruption infographic condemning leaders who loot public funds to buy private jets.

    EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu vows end to Plateau killings, orders 5,000-camera surveillance in Jos

    Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday

    May 23, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles
    • Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday
    • WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases
    • Troops rescue abducted 8-year-old child, kill terrorists in North-East operations
    • Fernandes named Premier League player of the season
    • Tinubu pulls landslide victory in Rivers presidential primary election
    • Tinubu defeats Osifo to win APC primary election in Ebonyi
    • 2027: Tinubu wins APC primary election in Gombe
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, May 24
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    OPEC+ pauses oil output hike despite geopolitical tensions in Venezuela

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJanuary 6, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    OPEC+ pauses oil output hike despite geopolitical tensions in Venezuela
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and its allies have reaffirmed the decision to pause oil output increases during the first quarter (Q1) of 2026.

    According to a statement on January 4, key OPEC+ members — Saudi Arabia, Russia, Iraq, UAE, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Algeria, and Oman — held a virtual meeting to review global oil market conditions.

    In April 2023 and November 2023, the eight countries announced additional voluntary production cuts.

    On November 2, the countries decided to pause production increments in January, February, and March 2026 due to a projected demand slowdown.

    “The eight participating countries reiterated that the 1.65 million barrels per day may be returned in part or in full, subject to evolving market conditions and in a gradual manner,” the latest statement reads.

    • Petrol production at Dangote refinery affecting European market – OPEC

    The oil cartel said it will continue to closely monitor and assess market conditions.

    As part of ongoing efforts to support market stability, the organisation said the countries reaffirmed the need for a cautious approach and full flexibility, including the option to pause or reverse additional voluntary production adjustments.

    According to the oil alliance, this includes “the previously implemented voluntary adjustments of the 2.2 million barrels per day announced in November 2023”.

    “The eight countries reiterated their collective commitment to achieve full conformity with the Declaration of Cooperation, including the additional voluntary production adjustments that will be monitored by the Joint Ministerial Monitoring Committee (JMMC),” the organisation said.

    “They also confirmed their intention to fully compensate for any overproduced volume since January 2024.

    “The eight OPEC+ countries will hold monthly meetings to review market conditions, conformity, and compensation.”

    The eight countries scheduled their next meeting for February 1, 2026, according to the statement.

    The development comes despite the geopolitical tensions in Venezuela, a major oil producer.

    On January 3, the United States captured Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and flew him out of his country following a barrage of missile strikes on the South American nation.

    Shortly before Maduro’s capture, the US bombed Caracas, cutting the Venezuelan capital off from the national power grid.

    On January 4, Donald Trump vowed to tap into Venezuela’s oil reserves after seizing Maduro, saying the US will “run” the country until a “safe” transition.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    EFCC anti-corruption infographic condemning leaders who loot public funds to buy private jets.

    EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles

    Tinubu vows end to Plateau killings, orders 5,000-camera surveillance in Jos

    Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases

    Nigerian troops during Operation Hadin Kai patrol operations in the North-East region.

    Troops rescue abducted 8-year-old child, kill terrorists in North-East operations

    The Anambra State governor, Prof. Charles Soludo, has congratulated President Bola Tinubu on the occasion of his 74th birthday on Sunday, March 29, 2026.

    Tinubu pulls landslide victory in Rivers presidential primary election

    The Anambra State governor, Prof. Charles Soludo, has congratulated President Bola Tinubu on the occasion of his 74th birthday on Sunday, March 29, 2026.

    Tinubu defeats Osifo to win APC primary election in Ebonyi

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    EFCC anti-corruption infographic condemning leaders who loot public funds to buy private jets.

    EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu vows end to Plateau killings, orders 5,000-camera surveillance in Jos

    Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday

    May 23, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases

    May 23, 2026
    Nigerian troops during Operation Hadin Kai patrol operations in the North-East region.

    Troops rescue abducted 8-year-old child, kill terrorists in North-East operations

    May 23, 2026
    Fernandes named Premier League player of the season

    Fernandes named Premier League player of the season

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.