Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    • ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Ondo civil servants maternity leave extends to six months

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJanuary 19, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Plateau residents frown over aborted twins found in refuse dump
    A photo of pregnant woman
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Ondo State Government on Wednesday extended the maternity leave period for its female workers from the earlier three months to six months.

    The government said the move was to build a society where children that were being raised had all things required in terms of maternal care, which should be exclusive in the first six months.

    The state Head of Service, Pastor Kayode Ogundele, disclosed this while receiving members of the Federation of Women Lawyers, Ondo State Chapter, in his office in Akure, the state capital.

    Ogundele explained that “Apart from adequate care mothers would be able to give their newborn babies during the leave period.

    Mothers would be more focused and productive when they resume work as all the initial child-raising challenges would have been addressed sufficiently during the leave period.”

    • Lightning kills man while cutting an 80-yr-old tree in Ondo

    He lauded the complementary roles of FIDA to ameliorate the plights of women and children in society.

    Ogundele said, “FIDA, you have been doing a great job. We have been seeing your roles in terms of activism, in terms of advocacy, and a lot of things you have been doing to help the vulnerable in society. It is a good job and we pray God would strengthen you to keep it up.”

    Earlier in her remarks, the state Chairperson of FIDA, Mrs. Catherine Ogunjebi, had advocated for the abolition of some seeming encumbrances in the administration of maternity leave for female civil servants irrespective of their marital status.

    Ogunjebi also pleaded for the elevation of female lawyers in the service of the state to the position of Permanent Secretaries.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    May 20, 2026
    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.