Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU declares indefinite strike over 2025 agreement

    August 11, 2026
    Hon. Yemi Aderibigbe, APC Oyo 2027 campaign council Director-General

    Yemi Aderibigbe: A choice for integrity, honesty and dignity – Vincent Akindele

    August 11, 2026
    NUPRC warns Nigerians against fake AI-generated employment letters and recruitment scams.

    No recruitment ongoing, NUPRC warns job seekers against scammers

    August 11, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • ASUU declares indefinite strike over 2025 agreement
    • Yemi Aderibigbe: A choice for integrity, honesty and dignity – Vincent Akindele
    • No recruitment ongoing, NUPRC warns job seekers against scammers
    • Nigerian Army is hiring for Short Service Combatant
    • Adeleke says ‘dancing does not stop me from working’
    • Pastor escapes lynching during Christian-Muslim debate
    • SEC moves to help Nigerians recover unclaimed dividends
    • Netanyahu rejects Hamas-backed Gaza plan amid Trump rift
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, August 11
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NSIB begins probe into Enugu Air mishap at Benin airport

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJuly 24, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Enugu Air Embraer E170 aircraft after the runway excursion at Benin Airport as NSIB begins its investigation.
    Enugu Air Embraer E170 aircraft after mishap
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau (NSIB) has commenced an investigation into a runway excursion involving an Enugu Air Embraer E170 aircraft at Benin Airport (BNI).

    The aircraft, operating as Flight 4264 (registration 5N-ENR) from Lagos (LOS) to Benin (BNI), was involved in a runway excursion after overrunning the end of Runway 05 during landing at approximately 3:10 p.m. local time (1410 UTC) on Thursday, July 23, 2026.

    A statement issued by the NSIB’s Director of Public Affairs and Family Assistance, Mrs Funke Adebayo-Arowojobe, confirmed that the bureau’s officers had commenced an investigation. She said there were 63 passengers and five crew members on board.

    Mrs Adebayo-Arowojobe stated that all passengers and crew members had been accounted for, and no injuries were reported.

    “The NSIB’s Go Team was mobilised and on the ground at the occurrence site within minutes of notification, underscoring the Bureau’s commitment to a rapid and effective emergency response.

    The team is gathering and preserving evidence, interviewing the flight crew and other relevant personnel, examining the aircraft, assessing runway conditions, and reviewing all relevant operational and technical information to determine the circumstances and contributing factors to the occurrence,” she said.

    According to her, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and relevant airport authorities have been notified, and the aircraft has been secured.

    • Enugu Air aircraft skids off runway at Edo airport

    Commenting on the occurrence, the Director-General of the NSIB, Captain Alex Badeh Jr., said:

    “We are relieved that all passengers and crew members are safe and that no injuries were reported. While this is reassuring, every runway excursion is a serious occurrence that deserves a thorough and independent investigation. Our Go Team was on the ground within minutes of notification, and that speed of response reflects the readiness and professionalism of our investigators. We urge the public to refrain from speculation as our investigators carry out their work in accordance with international standards.

    “A preliminary report will be issued within 30 days, in accordance with regulatory requirements. The final investigation report, including safety recommendations, will be published upon completion of the investigation.”

    The bureau urged all stakeholders in the aviation industry to continue prioritising safety and to cooperate fully with the ongoing investigation.

    Earlier, Enugu Air issued a public notice stating: “We confirm that all passengers and crew have safely disembarked, and there were no injuries or casualties.

    “The aircraft has been secured, and the relevant aviation authorities have been notified in line with established procedures. An assessment of the aircraft and the circumstances surrounding the occurrence is currently underway.

    “As a result, there may be temporary adjustments to some flight schedules.

    “Passengers affected by the changes will be contacted directly and provided with the necessary assistance.”

    The airline assured passengers that the safety of its passengers, crew and operations remains its top priority..

    The incident comes exactly one year after the airline began operations in July 2025.

    The airline commenced operations after Peter Mbah, governor of Enugu state, partnered with XE Jet, an existing airline, to fast-track the process of obtaining an air operator certificate (AOC), which “typically takes up to two years”, according to Festus Keyamo, minister of aviation and aerospace development.

    Keyamo said the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) also approved the partnership, allowing Enugu Air to commence operations without delay.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU declares indefinite strike over 2025 agreement

    Hon. Yemi Aderibigbe, APC Oyo 2027 campaign council Director-General

    Yemi Aderibigbe: A choice for integrity, honesty and dignity – Vincent Akindele

    NUPRC warns Nigerians against fake AI-generated employment letters and recruitment scams.

    No recruitment ongoing, NUPRC warns job seekers against scammers

    Nigerian Army SSCC Course 50/2027 recruitment application announcement

    Nigerian Army is hiring for Short Service Combatant

    Adeleke, PDP protest as APC demands emergency rule in Osun

    Adeleke says ‘dancing does not stop me from working’

    SEC begins nationwide drive to help Nigerians recover unclaimed dividends

    SEC moves to help Nigerians recover unclaimed dividends

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU declares indefinite strike over 2025 agreement

    August 11, 2026
    Hon. Yemi Aderibigbe, APC Oyo 2027 campaign council Director-General

    Yemi Aderibigbe: A choice for integrity, honesty and dignity – Vincent Akindele

    August 11, 2026
    NUPRC warns Nigerians against fake AI-generated employment letters and recruitment scams.

    No recruitment ongoing, NUPRC warns job seekers against scammers

    August 11, 2026
    Nigerian Army SSCC Course 50/2027 recruitment application announcement

    Nigerian Army is hiring for Short Service Combatant

    August 11, 2026
    Adeleke, PDP protest as APC demands emergency rule in Osun

    Adeleke says ‘dancing does not stop me from working’

    August 11, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.