Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nollywood actor Alapini cries, says ‘I regret supporting Tinubu’

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJune 15, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Veteran Nollywood actor Ganiu Nafiu, also known as Alapini, has expressed sorrow for supporting President Bola Tinubu in the 2023 presidential election.
    Veteran Nollywood actor Ganiu Nafiu, also known as Alapini,
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Veteran Nollywood actor Ganiu Nafiu, also known as Alapini, has expressed sorrow for supporting President Bola Tinubu in the 2023 presidential election.

    He regretted that he and other Yoruba cinema actors who supported the Renewed Hope campaign have been disregarded since the election.

    Alapini expressed his dissatisfaction during an interview on the YouTube channel ‘Behind the Fame – African A-List TV’, where he discussed his acting career, health concerns, family issues, and his role in Tinubu’s campaign.

    Alapini, speaking in Yoruba, expressed frustration that the hope they had during the campaign season had now turned into disappointment.

    “We were campaigning with joy, thinking our messiah has arrived, because Tinubu is someone we have loved for many years, and he has been helpful to actors,” he said.

    Alapini disclosed that he and many other veterans spent two months campaigning for Tinubu, expecting that their loyalty and visibility would be appreciated after the victory.

    “That was why we came out to support him for two months.

    “We spent two months campaigning for him.”

    Speaking on what they received in return for their efforts, Alapini responded with a tone of resignation, saying, Maybe they are not in the right frame of mind to think about giving anything in return yet.”

    He claimed that despite the visible participation of elderly actors in campaign events, neither Tinubu’s son Seyi Tinubu nor the All Progressives Congress acknowledged their efforts.

    “Would Seyi claim that he did not see us, the old folks, when we were out there campaigning?

    “Was Seyi blind that he did not notice our presence, the senior actors?” he asked.

    Speaking on their support, Alapini stated, “We were over a hundred. We were all walking around, both young and old.

    “We even campaigned at areas where some individuals could not conduct campaigns.

    “I was entering markets when I was not a madman.

    “They did not give us anything.

    “People were cursing us in comment sections when we were campaigning,” he said, referencing the backlash they faced online.

    He gave the example of fellow actor Olaiya Igwe, who infamously stripped naked at a beach to pray for Tinubu’s victory.

    “My friend Olaiya Igwe, who stripped himself naked on the beach because of Tinubu.

    “The curses that were placed on him – up till now he hasn’t been free from them.”

    Alapini also denied speculations that Igwe was rewarded with a car following the incident.

    “Who gave him? “It was not them,” he said flatly when the show host brought up the speculation.

    Speaking on if he would consider campaigning again for Tinubu’s 2027 re-election, the actor was hesitant and visibly disillusioned.

    He said, “I haven’t thought about it yet.

    “It is not even about the second term campaign.

    “Maybe our only form of support will be curses for anyone who chooses to vote for him.”

    Alapini berated Seyi Tinubu for focusing philanthropic efforts in Northern Nigeria, suggesting that Yoruba communities have been sidelined.

    “That Seyi is now running around the North paying their hospital bills.

    “Aren’t there sick people here in Yorubaland too?

    “How many hospitals has he visited here in Yorubaland to pay bills for sick people?” Alapini asked.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.