Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    May 19, 2026
    EFCC declares ex-minister Sadiya Farouq wanted for alleged fraud

    Sadiya Farouq: Court sustains arrest warrant against ex-minister

    May 19, 2026
    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi boast of beating Atiku to ADC ticket

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager
    • Sadiya Farouq: Court sustains arrest warrant against ex-minister
    • Amaechi boast of beating Atiku to ADC ticket
    • San Diego mosque shooting kills three
    • Arsenal three points from Premier League title after Burnley win
    • Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly
    • Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation
    • Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, May 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nigerian injured as UAE Intercepts 262 Iranian missiles

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedMarch 12, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    NATO
    Missile launch
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    At least one Nigerian has been identified among dozens of people injured during the interception of Iranian ballistic missiles in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), as tensions escalate across the Gulf.

    Authorities in UAE say their air defence systems have been working around the clock to repel retaliatory attacks from Iran following the outbreak of hostilities on February 28.

    According to the UAE defence ministry, a total of 262 ballistic missiles have been detected since the conflict began.

    Of those missiles, 241 were intercepted and destroyed by air defences, 19 fell into the sea, and two landed inside UAE territory.

    Officials said the attacks have so far resulted in six deaths involving citizens of the UAE, Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh.

    In addition, 122 people sustained minor and moderate injuries, including individuals from multiple countries across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

    • Glaucoma: 14m Nigerians at risk of vision loss – FG

    The injured include nationals from Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, the Philippines, Pakistan, Iran, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Azerbaijan, Yemen, Uganda, Eritrea, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Bahrain, Comoros, Turkey, Iraq, Nepal, Oman, Jordan and Palestine — including at least one Nigerian.

    However, the UAE authorities did not provide a breakdown of the number of casualties by nationality.

    On Wednesday, the country’s defence minister said the military was continuing to intercept additional missiles and drones launched from Iran, while reaffirming the UAE’s readiness to respond to any threats.

    Nigerians Call for Evacuation

    As the conflict intensifies across the Gulf, some Nigerians stranded in the region are urging the federal government to prepare evacuation flights.

    Many Nigerians live, work or transit through Gulf countries such as the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

    Responding to concerns, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, chairperson of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, said Nigeria would begin evacuating stranded citizens once regional airspace reopens.

    Authorities have yet to confirm how many Nigerians are currently trapped in Iran or other Middle Eastern countries affected by the crisis.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    EFCC declares ex-minister Sadiya Farouq wanted for alleged fraud

    Sadiya Farouq: Court sustains arrest warrant against ex-minister

    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi boast of beating Atiku to ADC ticket

    San Diego mosque shooting kills three

    San Diego mosque shooting kills three

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly

    Land-grabbing thugs popularly called "Omo Onile" have demolished over 50 buildings in the Surulere community of Lagos State.

    Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation

    Senate : SERAP demands Akpabio publish names in N200tn NNPCL probe

    Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    May 19, 2026
    EFCC declares ex-minister Sadiya Farouq wanted for alleged fraud

    Sadiya Farouq: Court sustains arrest warrant against ex-minister

    May 19, 2026
    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi boast of beating Atiku to ADC ticket

    May 19, 2026
    San Diego mosque shooting kills three

    San Diego mosque shooting kills three

    May 19, 2026
    Arsenal close in on Premier League title after Havertz sinks Burnley

    Arsenal three points from Premier League title after Burnley win

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.