Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    May 24, 2026
    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    May 24, 2026
    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark
    • 2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket
    • Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven
    • Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction
    • Kane scores hat-trick as Bayern win German Cup
    • Barcelona thrash Lyon to win fourth Champions League title
    • EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles
    • Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, May 24
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nigeria winning war against Boko Haram – Army

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorSeptember 20, 2018No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Acting Director Defence Headquarters, Brig Gen John Agim
    Acting Director Defence Headquarters, Brig Gen John Agim
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Director Defence Headquarters Brig Gen John Agim has assured Nigerians that the country's military is winning Boko Haram
    Director Defence Headquarters Brig Gen John Agim has assured Nigerians that the country’s military is winning Boko Haram

    The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has again reassured Nigerians that the military is winning the fight against Boko Haram terrorists and will not rest on its oars until terrorism is wiped out of the country.

    However, it expressed concerned about mischievous reports by section of the media aimed at discrediting the efforts of troops in the North East.

    According to a statement issued by Brig.-Gen. John Agim, the acting Director Defence Information – DDI, the report is being spearheaded by a particular foreign news agency that the Armed Forces is losing the battle against insurgency. He did not name the agency.

    Agim, however, said that the report was not true, adding that such malicious articles should be disregarded while the military would continue to protect the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation.

    “The report was calculated to dampen the spirit of the troops at the theatres of operation and to demean the successes recorded so far in the war against terrorism.

    Sources claim that Nigerian military is struggling to curb the Islamic States of West Africa, ISWA
    Sources claim that Nigerian military is struggling to curb the Islamic States of West Africa, ISWA

    “It is more worrisome when such an ill-informed report is coming from a supposed credible news agency expected to be a partner in progress.

    ” It agitates the mind whether the reporter is working in isolation or speaking the mind of its sponsors.

    “It is a well known fact that terrorism thrives on publicity and propaganda.

    READ: FG suspends launch of national carrier Nigeria Air

    “It is also known that some journalists work for Boko Haram and fraternize with terrorist commanders against the standing forces to whip up sentiment,” he said.

    Agim said that at the heat of Boko Haram insurgency, the armed forces with limited weapon chased Boko Haram out of Abuja and other cities into Sambisa Forest.

    “How much more now that the military is well equipped with determined troops to take on any terrorist group, be it Boko Haram or Islamic State In West Africa.

    “If this is still seen as struggling by the purveyors of the false report, then the word may have assumed a new meaning,” he said.

    The DDI said the truth remains that the military strategy of drawing out the enemy had been a great success as hundreds of terrorists had met their waterloo in their desperate attempts to recapture some cities in the North East.

    He said the military would continue to do this until terrorists and terrorism were completely annihilated, adding that it was “insensible to attempt to rewrite the script and make the military look like the losing side.”

    Agim urged Nigerians to be wary of uncomplimentary remarks about our nation and its armed forces by sympathisers of terrorist organisations.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    A sacrificial albino buffalo named after US President Donald Trump which recently went viral, is pictured at an agro farm ahead of Eid-al-Adha, in Narayanganj, Bangladesh.

    Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction

    EFCC anti-corruption infographic condemning leaders who loot public funds to buy private jets.

    EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles

    Tinubu vows end to Plateau killings, orders 5,000-camera surveillance in Jos

    Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    May 24, 2026
    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    May 24, 2026
    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    May 24, 2026
    A sacrificial albino buffalo named after US President Donald Trump which recently went viral, is pictured at an agro farm ahead of Eid-al-Adha, in Narayanganj, Bangladesh.

    Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction

    May 24, 2026
    Bayern Munich's Harry Kane is the top scorer in the Bundesliga

    Kane scores hat-trick as Bayern win German Cup

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.