Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Economic Hardship: Zulum declares one-day fasting and prayer in Borno

    David GreatBy David GreatFebruary 16, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Zulum denies Sowore’s claims of torture chamber in Borno
    Borno state Governor, Babagana Zulum
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Borno State governor, Professor Umara Babagana Zulum has called on residents of the state to embark on a one-day fast over the economic hardship and security issues plaguing the nation and the state in particular.

    Zulum in a state-wide broadcast on Friday made the request saying he was ”deeply troubled by the recent hardships faced by our citizens, particularly the high cost of food items.”

    ”Fellow citizens, as people of faith and from our previous experience, I implore on his eminence, the Shehu of Borno, the Chief Imam, Imams, and the Christian brothers and the Citizens of Borno State to observe a one-day voluntary fast on Monday the 19th February 2024.”

    Assuring residents of the state that his government is taking decisive steps to alleviate this issue, Zulum said “Our government is focusing on reviving agriculture in the state, intending to increase food production and reduce our reliance on food palliative. We are investing in modern farming techniques, providing support to local farmers, and creating incentives for agricultural innovation.

    • Borno: Zulum signs N358.7bn 2024 budget into law

    “It is for this reason, that I have extensively engaged with stakeholders particularly those in the business of essential commodities that include all forms of grains and building materials. We have taken far-reaching decisions to mitigate the rising cost of essential goods.”

    He also condemned what he described as cowardly acts of panting mines by miscreants to stall the movement of goods and services

    ”Furthermore, it is with great concern that I address the recent planting of mines on major roads by some miscreants. These cowardly acts have not only threatened the safety of our citizens but have also hindered the movement of goods and services essential for our state’s development.”

    “I want to assure you that we are working tirelessly with security forces to rid our roads of these deadly devices and to ensure the safety of all those who travel within our state. I believe there are forces behind sabotaging the gains recorded so far. However, we are working to ensure the perpetrators are fished out and dealt with accordingly.”

    Governor Zulum advised residents to remain vigilant and cooperate with the security forces as we tackle the challenges that face us. Together, we can overcome these hardships and build a brighter future for Borno State. Let us stand united and resilient in the face of adversity, and let us continue to work towards a peaceful

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.