Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup

    February 17, 2026
    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup
    • Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno
    • El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe
    • ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Terrorists kill 14 in fresh Plateau attack

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJuly 25, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Terrorists strike Benue again, kill two, abduct 14 passengers
    A file photo of terrorists
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    No fewer than 14 villagers and a mobile police officer were killed on Thursday in two separate attacks carried out by terrorists in the Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State.

    Chronicle NG gathered that one of the terrorists’ attacks took place around 4:00 pm as the victims, mostly from the Chirang community, were returning from Bokkos market to Mangor village in the locality.

    The Chairman of Community Peace Observers in Bokkos, Kefas Mallai, confirmed the killings to the press in Jos on Thursday night.

    Mallai said, “Yes, it is true. There was an attack on our people at about 4:00 pm this evening.

    “Fourteen natives were ambushed and killed by suspected terrorists, while three others were injured on their way from Bokkos Market to Mangor Village of Bokkos LG.”

    Mallai also reported that security forces had taken charge of the area to safeguard the safety of the community.

    According to him, the terrorists‘ attack followed another event earlier in the day, in which a mobile police officer was killed on duty.

    Prior to his murder, the police officer was stationed at a checkpoint on Richa Road in the same Bokkos LG.

    Mallai described the circumstances as “very unfortunate.”

    “Our hearts are bleeding because early this morning, on 24th July, 2015, a MOPOL was killed at his duty post (checkpoint) along Richa Road, Bokkos LGA. This is what happened in Bokkos today,” he said.

    Amalau Amalau, the chairman of the Bokkos Local Government Area, confirming the attacks, described the situation as an “emergency.”

    He said, “I’m driving. We have an emergency in Bokkos following attacks on our people.

    “Right now, we are taking the victims to the Jos University Teaching Hospital. Let’s talk later, please,” the chairman told our correspondent.

    Alabo Alfred, the Plateau State Police Command spokesman, was unavailable when approached about the incident because his phone was turned off.

    According to sources at the command headquarters, more security personnel have been sent to the problematic council region to help manage the situation.

    In different comments, other citizens decried the killings by the terrorists and urged the federal government to heed calls to form state police.

    “Many state governments have been pleading with the federal government to allow them to have state police.

    “I think the time has come for the Federal Government and the National Assembly to do something urgent in this regard, to stop further loss of lives in Plateau State and other parts of the country,” a resident of Barkin Ladi, Choji Bulus, said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup

    February 17, 2026
    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.