Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Tinubu vows to crush terrorism, says insecurity hurts Nigeria’s economy

    Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar

    February 16, 2026
    The South African Police Service says a female suspect apprehended over the murder of a Nigerian e-hailing driver will be arraigned today.

    Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today

    February 16, 2026
    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar
    • Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today
    • 2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging
    • Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe
    • Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Tension in Kano as armed hoodlums camp at Emir’s palace

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJuly 9, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has vowed that he will no longer advise President Bola Tinubu's administration on how to address the country's economic issues.
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Concerned citizens of Rano, Kano State, have raised the alarm over the presence of armed hoodlums at the Emirate’s headquarters on Sunday. 

    A copy of a letter issued to the state police commissioner, which Chronicle NG obtained on Tuesday, indicated that the hoodlums had been tented at the Emir’s palace since Sunday by unidentified individuals.

    It was highlighted that the armed youths’ goals are unknown, as their entrance is commonly regarded as a threat to the security of lives and properties of Kano state residents.

    The letter read in part, “In the evening of Sunday, July 7, 2024, Rano town, the headquarters of our beloved Rano emirate, was invaded by armed hoodlums, believed to be sponsored by a yet-to-be-identified person(s), who camped at the Emir’s palaces (both the Main Place and historic Tsohon Gari Palace).

    Although the motives of these arms-carrying machineries are unknown, their intrusion is widely regarded as a threat to the security of lives and property, as well as a violation of the Commissioner of Police’s directive on June 20, 2024, that all non-state security actors, including vigilance members and hunters, refrain from providing security services in the state.

    According to the letter, residents of the Rano emirate are calm people who conduct their activities without causing disturbance.

    “It said that over the years, the Rano emirate has experienced uninterrupted peace, and security agencies can attest to this.”

    “The recent emirates tussle in Kano State, however, had brought about a lot of tension and discontent among the residents, as many felt that their opinions, as stakeholders, were not respected, the letter stated.

    “This is connected to the fact that public hearings were not conducted throughout the state to establish whether there was a need to dissolve the four additional emirates (Rano, Gaya, Karaye, and Bichi) upgraded by the administration of Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje in the state.

    “Even with the above development, the residents of Rano emirate were able to control their emotions and act within the confines of the law, as only legitimate peaceful demonstrations were carried out.’’

    “The people exercised restraint because they believe in the judiciary since the Emirates case was before a competent court of justice.

    “The good people of Rano emirate, as usual, had opted to respect the court’s order issued by the Federal High Court Kano on the case, which we believed was a constitutional duty of all citizens.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Tinubu vows to crush terrorism, says insecurity hurts Nigeria’s economy

    Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar

    The South African Police Service says a female suspect apprehended over the murder of a Nigerian e-hailing driver will be arraigned today.

    Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Tinubu vows to crush terrorism, says insecurity hurts Nigeria’s economy

    Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar

    February 16, 2026
    The South African Police Service says a female suspect apprehended over the murder of a Nigerian e-hailing driver will be arraigned today.

    Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today

    February 16, 2026
    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    February 16, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    February 16, 2026
    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.