Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    • APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders
    • Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Senate warns Natasha to steer clear of National Assembly

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJuly 20, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha appeals
    Sen. Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan and Senate President Godswill Akpabio
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Senate has warned suspended Kogi Central lawmaker, Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, to desist from forcefully resuming her legislative duties on Tuesday until the expiration of her suspension.

    Senator Yemi Adaramodu, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs, gave the warning in a statement issued on Sunday.

    While insisting that no valid court order mandates her immediate recall, Adaramodu stresses that the Senate remains committed to due process and the rule of law.

    He said, “The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria wishes to reaffirm, for the third time, that there is no subsisting court order mandating the Senate to recall Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan before the expiration of her suspension.”

    The explanation came after media reports quoted the besieged member as stating she would return to the Senate on Tuesday, citing a judgement by Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court in Abuja.

    • Natasha promises to resume Senate Tuesday despite Akpabio’s appeal

    However, Adaramodu stated that the Senate had earlier released two public comments following the court verdict and the distribution of the Certified True Copy of the Enrolled Order, emphasising that no affirmative or mandatory instruction was issued against the Senate about her recall.

    “Rather, the Honourable Court gave a non-binding advisory urging the Senate to consider amending its Standing Orders and reviewing the suspension, which it opined might be excessive.

    “The Court, however, explicitly held that the Senate did not breach any law or constitutional provision in imposing the disciplinary measure based on the Senator’s misconduct during plenary,” he said.

    The Senate also mentioned that the same court found Natasha guilty of contempt and imposed penalties, including a ₦5m fine payable to the Federal Government and a mandatory apology in two national newspapers and on her Facebook page, a directive that has reportedly not been complied with.

    “It is therefore surprising and legally untenable that Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan, while on appeal and having filed a motion for stay against the valid and binding orders made against her, is attempting to act upon an imaginary order of recall that does not exist,” the Senate spokesman added.

    He warned that any move by Natasha to “storm the Senate next Tuesday under a false pretext” would be premature, disruptive, and a breach of legislative order.

    “The Senate will, at the appropriate time, consider the advisory opinion of the court on both amending the Standing Orders of the Senate and her recall and communicate the same thereof to Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan.

    “Until then, she is respectfully advised to stay away from the Senate chambers and allow due process to run its full course,” the statement concluded.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    Court adjourns Natasha Akpoti’s suit against senate to March 25

    Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    February 16, 2026
    Court adjourns Natasha Akpoti’s suit against senate to March 25

    Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office

    February 16, 2026
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.