Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Tinubu strips NNPCL of oil revenue deduction powers, orders direct remittance to FAAC

    Tinubu strips NNPCL of oil revenue deduction powers, orders direct remittance to FAAC

    February 19, 2026
    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Lagos hands over TikToker Mirabel ‘rape’ case to Ogun for investigation

    February 19, 2026
    Tinubu seeks Nigerians' forgiveness as Ramadan, Lent begin

    Tinubu seeks Nigerians’ forgiveness as Ramadan, Lent begin

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Tinubu strips NNPCL of oil revenue deduction powers, orders direct remittance to FAAC
    • Lagos hands over TikToker Mirabel ‘rape’ case to Ogun for investigation
    • Tinubu seeks Nigerians’ forgiveness as Ramadan, Lent begin
    • Tinubu says electoral results are finalised by humans not computers
    • UCL: Club Brugge score late equalizer against Atletico Madrid
    • Bodo/Glimt get shocking 3-1 UCL victory over Inter Milan
    • Arsenal waste lead to draw last-place Wolves 2-2
    • ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, February 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    FG, NASU, SSANU reach agreement to call off strike

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorFebruary 12, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    ICPC grills Buhari's minister over NSITF contracts
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige has said the Federal Government has reached an agreement with the leadership of Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities and the Non Academic Staff Union of Universities and Allied Institutions (NASU) to call of their strike.

    Ngige said agreements were reached by parties with timelines, which were documented as Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).

    The Minister said the MoU was given to leaders of the two unions to go and consult with their members with a view to calling off the strike latest by Monday, February 15, 2021.

    The unions, under the Joint Action Committee, commenced an indefinite strike last week Friday over the failure of the federal government to resolve issues in the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System.

    Read also: Strike: FG threatens to stop salaries of SSANU, NASU members

    They are also protesting the sharing formula of the N40 billion earned academic allowances and non-payment of arrears of the new minimum wage, among others.

    The Minister, in a statement by the Deputy Director, Press and Public Relations, Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment, Charles Akpan, denied media reports that Thursday’s meeting ended in a deadlock.

    “The meeting did not end in deadlock. Rather, agreements were reached on some issues with timelines and these were documented as Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and given to leaders of the two unions to go and consult their people with a view to calling off the strike latest by Monday, February 15, 2021,” Ngige said.

    He added that five issues discussed had agreements, while only one had a proposal, which was a government proposal for the unions to go back and discuss with their organs.

    President of SSANU, Comrade Mohammed Ibrahim, couldn’t confirm if the unions would call off the strike on Monday as of press time.

    “Not exactly. Still in a meeting,” he said in a text message.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai says FG behind US move to blacklist Kwankwaso

    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai laments alleged political plot, arrest of aides

    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Security agents attempt to arrest ex-Kaduna gov

    Kwankwaso said the Kwankwasiyya movement will begin commemorating January 23 to mark those who betrayed the group.

    APC, NNPP back Kwankwaso, reject US sanctions over religious freedom

    Nigeria hires US lobbying firm in $9m contract over Christian killings claims

    US lawmakers condemn FG’s $9m lobbying deal

    IPOB has said that its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, ordered the total cancellation of the Monday sit-at-home across the South-East, with effect from February 9, 2026.

    Nnamdi Kanu appeals conviction over terrorism

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Tinubu strips NNPCL of oil revenue deduction powers, orders direct remittance to FAAC

    Tinubu strips NNPCL of oil revenue deduction powers, orders direct remittance to FAAC

    February 19, 2026
    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Lagos hands over TikToker Mirabel ‘rape’ case to Ogun for investigation

    February 19, 2026
    Tinubu seeks Nigerians' forgiveness as Ramadan, Lent begin

    Tinubu seeks Nigerians’ forgiveness as Ramadan, Lent begin

    February 19, 2026
    Tinubu says electoral results are finalised by humans not computers

    Tinubu says electoral results are finalised by humans not computers

    February 19, 2026
    Club Brugge netted a thrilling late equalizer while battling back twice against Atletico Madrid, leaving their Champions League knockout phase play-off tie finely balanced.

    UCL: Club Brugge score late equalizer against Atletico Madrid

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.