The Ogun State Police Command has disclosed that Mirabel, the TikToker whose sexual assault allegation sparked widespread reactions on social media, has been discharged from the hospital but remains with the police for further investigation.
In an interview with News Central Television on Friday, Oluseyi Babaseyi, the command’s Police Public Relations Officer, disclosed this information and described the events that transpired after she showed up at the police station.
When Mirabel was first debriefed by officers, she was unable to give a consistent account, which prompted rapid medical care, according to Babaseyi.
“And the DPO was trying to debrief her to get facts of the case, but we found out that she wasn’t that coherent at that point in time, so he had to promptly take her to the hospital, a state hospital, for attention,” she said.
She added that the police acted based on the seriousness of the allegations contained in Mirabel’s viral TikTok posts.
“As you know already, she is somebody, a victim of sexual assault, as we presumed, as it was allegedly stated from her post on TikTok and the posts that were going viral on X. We acted in good faith. The DPO did everything professionally within his power to make her get medical attention, prompt medical attention. She was admitted into the ICU,” Babaseyi stated.
The spokesperson emphasized that Mirabel was not arrested at any point, noting that her welfare remained the priority of the command.
“As a presumed victim of sexual assault, what should we do? She had her freedom to communicate with who she wanted to communicate with,” she said.
Giving an update on her condition, Babaseyi disclosed that Mirabel had since been discharged but was still assisting with the investigation.
“She has been happily discharged from the hospital, and as we speak now, she’s with us for us to further the investigation and to get to the logical conclusions of whether those allegations were true or not,” she added.
Chronicle NG had earlier reported that the controversy began after Mirabel, known on TikTok as @mirab351, posted a distressing video alleging that she had been sexually assaulted in her apartment.
She said in the now-viral video that an unknown person broke into her house, raped and attacked her, and then sent her threatening texts. She also claimed that she attempted suicide as a result of the abuse.
Online, the video sparked anger and compassion, with many users calling for justice and prompt action from the authorities.
Lagos-based agencies responded to early remarks that connected the purported incident to Lagos State.
The Ogun State Police Command was given jurisdiction after preliminary findings later revealed that the event took place in Ogijo, Ogun State.
Rumors circulated during the online discussions that Mirabel had been detained for supposedly making up the claim. But the police brushed the reports aside.
Babaseyi previously stated that Mirabel willingly came to the Ibafo Police Division to file a complaint and was then taken for a medical examination because of her condition.
“She was immediately taken for a comprehensive medical check-up, and her health is being closely monitored, as her well-being remains paramount. At no time was the victim arrested,” the command stated.
The police emphasized that the matter was being handled professionally and urged the public to rely on verified information, warning against the spread of unconfirmed claims.








