Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    May 21, 2026
    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    May 21, 2026
    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe
    • Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate
    • INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers
    • Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes
    • Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president
    • Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad
    • Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term
    • Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Mendy rejects Chelsea contract offer, Arsenal end Luiz pursuit

    David GreatBy David GreatSeptember 7, 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Al-Ahli signs Chelsea's goalkeeper, Edouard Mendy
    Edouard Mendy signed a five-year deal to join Chelsea in 2020
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Chelsea and Senegal goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, 30, has turned down an initial contract renewal offer because it was lower than the wage of second-choice stopper Kepa Arrizabalaga. (Standard)

    Wolves will consider a move for free agent and former England striker Andy Carroll, 33, if they fail to sign Diego Costa. (Telegraph – subscription required)

    Manchester United and Chelsea will continue to monitor the situation of Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong, 25, at Barcelona before a possible move for the player in January. (Caught Offside)

    Brazil midfielder Douglas Luiz, 24, plans to leave Aston Villa as a free agent at the end of the season. (UOL – in Portuguese)

    Arsenal are unlikely to go back in for the former Manchester City player Luiz in January. (Teamtalk)

    • Manchester City footballer Mendy denies another rape case

    Southampton’s English winger Nathan Redmond, 28, is set to join Turkish side Besiktas on a one-year deal. (Fabrizio Romano)

    Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has played down his club’s link with 29-year-old Tottenham and England forward Harry Kane. (talkSPORT)

    Ajax’s Dutch striker Brian Brobbey, 20, says he was approached by manager Erik ten Hag to join Manchester United this summer. (ESPN.nl via Voetbal Primeur – in Dutch)

    Brighton and Colombia midfielder Steven Alzate, 23, is in talks with Standard Liege over a loan deal until the end of the season. (Telegraph)

    Roma want to tie injured Italy midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo, 23, down to a new contract. (Calciomercato – in Italian)

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkey president

    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president

    Grealish, Maguire dropped from England final squad list

    Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    Aston Villa players celebrate after defeating Freiburg to win the Europa League final in Istanbul.

    Clinical Aston Villa outclass Freiburg to win Europa League

    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    May 21, 2026
    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    May 21, 2026
    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    May 21, 2026
    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkey president

    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.