Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    • Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Man arrested for approaching Queen’s coffin

    Michael RightBy Michael RightSeptember 17, 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Queen coffin
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A man was arrested after approaching the coffin of Queen Elizabeth II from a long queue of mourners at Westminster Hall.

    According to the Metropolitan Police, he was taken into custody after being detained under the Public Order Act.

    According to a statement from the police, the incident in Parliament happened at around 22:00 BST on Friday.

    The live video feed of the Queen lying in state cut away for a brief period during the incident.

    • Guard collapses while Queen Elizabeth II lies in state

    A statement from Scotland Yard said: “Around 22:00 on Friday 16 September officers from the Met’s Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command detained a man in Westminster Hall following a disturbance.”

    A Parliament spokesperson said: “We’re aware of an incident in Westminster Hall, in which a member of the public moved out of the queue and towards the catafalque. “They have now been removed from the hall and the queue restarted with minimal disruption.”

    The King participated in a vigil in the hall earlier in the evening along with his siblings Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, and Prince Edward.

    The late Queen Elizabeth II will remain in repose in Westminster Hall till Monday, the day of her funeral.

    src

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism

    US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism

    China grants Nigeria, 52 other African nations zero tariffs May 1

    China grants Nigeria, 52 other African nations zero tariffs May 1

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Trump moves to revoke citizenship of naturalised Americans

    Valentine’s Day: Seven dark facts behind February 14

    Valentine’s Day: Seven dark facts behind February 14

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.