Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    • Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations
    • Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday
    • Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border
    • Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Kanu: Nigeria has different laws for South-East – Igbo women

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoNovember 21, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    IPOB has said that its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, ordered the total cancellation of the Monday sit-at-home across the South-East, with effect from February 9, 2026.
    IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Following the conviction and life jail sentence of the detained leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, Igbo women have said the country seems to have a different set of laws applicable only to the South-East region.

    Chronicle NG reports that the trial judge, Justice James Omotosho, in his judgment, found Kanu guilty on all seven counts of terrorism charges the federal government slammed against him.

    The IPOB leader was thereafter, sentenced to life imprisonment.

    According to the women speaking on the platform of the Igbo Women Assembly (IWA), the decision was not founded on fair argument.

    IWA National President Lolo Nneka Chimezie stated that the “judgment had been written even before the trial started.”

    Lolo Chimezie, who was present in court, voiced sympathy with Kanu, stating that he is innocent of the charges brought against him.

    “This is unacceptable, and we are kicking against the injustices that are being meted out on Igbo people.

    “It is as if the Nigerian government from 2014 to 2019 created a different law for the Igbos. The law they apply to the Igbos is not the same as the law they apply to other Nigerians, which has played out today (yesterday).

    “The real terrorists are being rehabilitated and put back into the military, while they cannot even negotiate with IPOB, which is harmless in its demands. And their demands are legitimate.”

    The Igbo Community Association of Abuja also decried Kanu’s conviction, emphasizing that he was not given the opportunity to defend himself before the ruling.

    Engr. Ikenna Ellis-Ezenekwe, President General of the Igbo Community Association, stated, “The judiciary may have decided on its own to unravel the painstaking peace achieved in the Southeast by its singular act of declaring Kanu guilty without affording him the opportunity to defend himself.

    “The Igbo community in Abuja is saddened and disappointed by this ruling.

    “We call on the spirit of patriotism and on patriotic Nigerians to rise and speak up against the continued detention of Kanu.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    Amotekun arrests 170 anti-open grazing law violators

    Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.