Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Grealish, Maguire dropped from England final squad list

    Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad

    May 21, 2026
    Aliyu sacks all Sokoto educational authorities

    Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term

    May 21, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad
    • Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term
    • Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll
    • Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Judge fixes date for hearing of criminal suit against Innoson Motors boss

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMay 15, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Innoson motors
    Innoson motors
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Innoson motors
    Innoson motors
    Justice Ayokunle Faji of the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court has fixed June 28 for the hearing of pending applications in a charge against Innoson Nig. Ltd, over alleged falsification of shipping document.

    Innoson Nig. Ltd, Innocent Chukwuma, Charles Chukwu, Maximian Chukwura, Mitsui Osk Lines ‘C’ and Anajekwu Sunny are facing a four-count charge bordering on forgery and conspiracy before the judge.

    Last year, Mr. Chukwuma had requested that the judge handling the case, Saliu Seidu, recuse himself from the matter.
    When the case was called on Monday, J.I Ajakaiye announced appearance for the prosecution.

    George Uwechue, a senior advocate of Nigeria, announced appearance for the first and second defendants; Joseph Mbadugha announced appearance for the third and sixth defendants; while A. Mr. Olusola appeared for the fourth and fifth defendants.

    Mr. Uwechue then informed the court of his pending application before the court, while Mr. Mbadugha, a law professor, also drew the court’s attention to his application.

    However, the new trial judge, Mr. Faji, who replaced Mr. Saidu, said he would need to go through all the processes with respect to the matter.

    He then fixed June 28 for the hearing of pending supplications.

    In the charge, the accused were alleged to have conspired to commit the offence on October 10, 2013, at Apapa Wharf.
    The prosecution alleged that the accused falsified shipping documents, which they deposited with Guaranty Trust Bank Plc as collateral for the sum of N2.4 billion.

    The loan facility was alleged to have been granted Innosson Nig. Ltd.

    The shipping document was also said to have been falsely presented as genuine and with intent to defraud, in order to clear goods worth N2.4 billion.

    According to the charge, the offence contravened the provisions of sections 1(2) (c), and 3(6) of the Miscellaneous offence Act, Cap M17, Laws of the Federation 2004.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Aliyu sacks all Sokoto educational authorities

    Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll

    Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy

    Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Grealish, Maguire dropped from England final squad list

    Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad

    May 21, 2026
    Aliyu sacks all Sokoto educational authorities

    Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term

    May 21, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll

    May 21, 2026
    Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy

    Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy

    May 21, 2026
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.