Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    • NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
    • Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
    • Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings
    • Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2
    • Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’
    • Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Judge adjourns Olisa Metuh’s trial after he arrived in ambulance, stretcher

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorFebruary 5, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Former PDP National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh has collapsed in court
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Olisa Metuh arrived the Federal High Court in Abuja via an ambulance and was carried into the court room with the aid of a stretcher

    The trial of former Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, spokesman Olisa Metuh has been adjourned by Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja after he arrived the court premise on a stretcher.

    Metuh through his lawyer Onyeachi Ikpeazu (SAN) had earlier told the court that he was on admission at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Specialist hospital, Nnewi, Anambra state and wanted the case adjourned.

    But on January 25, Justice Abang gave an order that Metuh show up for trial or he risk being arrested.

    The judge said that the letter which Metuh wanted the court to rely on to grant the adjournment was not a proper document before the court.

    “I agree with the prosecution that the purported letter written by Dr O.C. Ekweogwu, who is unknown to the court, is trash and a useless paper meant for the dustbin, which was dumped on the court by the defence.

    READ: South Africa: Jacob Zuma rejects ANC call to stand down

    “The said letter was fraudulently smuggled into the records of the court by a person unknown to the court with the intent to stall proceedings.”

    The judge said that there was a laid down procedure for filing a medical report in court.

    He said it was not the place of a medical practitioner to write a lengthy letter with several medical terms that were meaningless to the court.

    “The medical practitioner is to state the name of the illness and the period that the person will be incapacitated.”

    The judge further said that although the application by the prosecution to revoke Metuh’s bail and commit him to prison deserved to succeed, he would not grant it based on compassionate grounds.

    “It is my humble view that the application of the prosecution to revoke the defendant’s bail deserves to succeed, but I have given due consideration to the arguments of counsel to the defendant.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    Frank Edoho, ex-wife fight dirty over infidelity, divorce

    Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    May 17, 2026
    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.