Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail

    May 18, 2026
    Gunmen in military uniform attacked Yahaya Bello - Kogi Government

    Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary

    May 18, 2026
    Fire razes TASUED hostel

    Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail
    • Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary
    • Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital
    • Robert Lewandowski to leave Barcelona at end of season
    • Dani Carvajal leaves Real Madrid after 23 years
    • APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race
    • Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing
    • Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Jay-Z, Diddy relieved as Jane Doe drops sexual assault lawsuit

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoFebruary 15, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Jay-Z, Diddy accused of raping 13-year-old girl 
    Jay-Z and Diddy
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A lawsuit against Sean “Diddy” Combs and Jay-Z, alleging the rape of a 13-year-old girl in 2000, has been dropped, according to a legal filing filed on Friday in New York.

    The attorney representing the unidentified plaintiff, Jane Doe, voluntarily withdrew the complaint, according to court records.

    The filing was made by lawyer Tony Buzbee, who is representing scores of people in sexual assault claims against Mr. Combs.

    According to the documents, the plaintiff “hereby gives notice that the… action is voluntarily dismissed, with prejudice”.

    Because the lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice, it cannot be refiled in its current form.

    Jay-Z, whose official name is Shawn Carter, formed Roc Nation, which issued a statement signed by him referring to the discharge as a “victory.”.

    “The frivolous, fictitious, and appalling allegations have been dismissed,” he wrote.

    “This civil suit was without merit and never going anywhere. The fictional tale they created was laughable, if not for the seriousness of the claims.”

    “The trauma that my wife, my children, loved ones, and I have endured can never be dismissed,” said the rapper, who is married to singer Beyoncé.

    He continued, “The courts must protect the innocent from being accused without a shred of evidence. May the truth prevail for all victims and those falsely accused equally.”

    Jay-Z’s lawyer, Alex Spiro, emphasized in a separate statement that the case “never should have been brought.”.

    “By standing up in the face of heinous and false allegations, Jay has done what few can—he pushed back, he never settled, he never paid 1 red penny, he triumphed, and he cleared his name,” he said in a statement to the BBC.

    Jane Doe initially filed the suit against Mr. Combs in October before adding Jay-Z’s name in December. She alleged that both men assaulted her in 2000 after an MTV Video Music Awards afterparty.

    Jay-Z angrily refuted the charges, stating that his lawyers had received “blackmail” in an attempt to extract a settlement. He claimed the attempt had the “opposite effect” of motivating him to openly contest the claims.

    In December, Jane Doe gave an interview that called her veracity into question. She admitted that “not all of the facts are clear” and that she had made some mistakes. I may have made a mistake when identifying.”

    Last month, Jay-Z formally petitioned the court to dismiss the complaint, noting contradictions in the accuser’s statement. The request was allowed by United States District Judge Analisa Torres, leading to the lawsuit’s dismissal.

    While Jay-Z is no longer facing legal action in this matter, Mr. Combs continues to litigate over three dozen civil suits

    In response to Friday’s dismissal of the suit, Mr. Combs’ legal team issued a statement declaring his innocence.

    “For months, we have seen case after case filed by individuals hiding behind anonymity, pushed forward by an attorney more focused on media headlines than legal merit. Just like this claim, the others will fall apart because there is no truth to them,” the statement says.

    It added, “This is just the first of many that will not hold up in a court of law.”

    Diddy has been held at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, New York, since September 2024 on federal criminal charges related to racketeering and sex trafficking.

    He’s been denied bail three times and will remain in custody until his trial on 5 May 2025.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail

    Gunmen in military uniform attacked Yahaya Bello - Kogi Government

    Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary

    Fire razes TASUED hostel

    Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital

    APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who were not cleared to participate in its Senate primary elections ahead of the 2027 general elections.

    APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race

    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail

    May 18, 2026
    Gunmen in military uniform attacked Yahaya Bello - Kogi Government

    Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary

    May 18, 2026
    Fire razes TASUED hostel

    Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital

    May 18, 2026
    Lewandowski shines as Barcelona crush Dortmund in UEFA Champions League showdown

    Robert Lewandowski to leave Barcelona at end of season

    May 18, 2026
    Dani Carvajal

    Dani Carvajal leaves Real Madrid after 23 years

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.