Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Fire razes TASUED hostel

    Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital

    May 18, 2026
    Lewandowski shines as Barcelona crush Dortmund in UEFA Champions League showdown

    Robert Lewandowski to leave Barcelona at end of season

    May 18, 2026
    Dani Carvajal

    Dani Carvajal leaves Real Madrid after 23 years

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital
    • Robert Lewandowski to leave Barcelona at end of season
    • Dani Carvajal leaves Real Madrid after 23 years
    • APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race
    • Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing
    • Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail
    • Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher
    • Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    INEC assures Ekiti electorate that their votes will count

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 9, 2018No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Court orders arrest of ex-INEC chair Yakubu as critics slam his legacy
    Prof. Mahmud Yakubu, ex-INEC Chairman
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Prof. Mahmud Yakubu, INEC Chairman has began preparation for Ekiti governorship election
    Prof. Mahmud Yakubu, INEC Chairman has assured Ekiti electorate of a free and fair election

    Ahead of Saturday’s governorship election in Ekiti, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has assured the electorate that their votes will count.

    Yakubu spoke at a stakeholders meeting held on Monday in Ado-Ekiti which had in attendance some of the gubernatorial candidates and their party officials.

    He said the commission had trained all the ad hoc staff required for the election while it had made adequate arrangements for the delivery of personnel and materials to all polling units.

    “I wish to assure you that the choice of who becomes the next governor of Ekiti State is strictly in the hands of Ekiti people

    “Please, take my words; your votes will count, only the choice made by the Ekiti people will determine the outcome of the election.

    READ: Cornerstone Ltd drag Audu Ogbeh to court over unpaid loan

    “We have listened to the views and concerns expressed by different political parties and their campaign organisations.

    “Please note that the commission would not take any action to the advantage or disadvantage of any political party or candidate.

    “Be assured that no election material will be tampered with; if anything, we have introduced additional safeguard measures of transparency to protect the integrity of our manual and electronic processes as well as procedures, ” he said.

    The INEC boss added that three National Commissioners and five Resident Electoral Commissioners had been deployed in the state.

    Also speaking, the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, said the Force had put in place adequate security measures to tackle those who may want to disrupt the exercise.

    Idris said the a security cordon was in place to check intrusion from the neigbouring states of Kogi, Osun, Ondo, Oyo and Kwara.

    He warned that anyone caught fomenting trouble in any part of the state would be made to face the consequences no matter how highly placed.

    Idris also warned politicians and their followers against attempting to bribe any of the police officers on election duty, saying adequate arrangements had been made for their welfare.

    “Don’t arm your thugs, don’t wear party insignia to voting venues, don’t blow siren, don’t ignore restriction order on human and vehicular movements, don’t bribe any policeman.

    “Don’t attempt to steal votes or manipulate the process. Whoever that does any of these will be made to face the consequences,” he said.

    NAN reports that high point of the event was the signing of a peace pact agreed to by the candidates.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Fire razes TASUED hostel

    Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital

    APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who were not cleared to participate in its Senate primary elections ahead of the 2027 general elections.

    APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race

    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Fire razes TASUED hostel

    Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital

    May 18, 2026
    Lewandowski shines as Barcelona crush Dortmund in UEFA Champions League showdown

    Robert Lewandowski to leave Barcelona at end of season

    May 18, 2026
    Dani Carvajal

    Dani Carvajal leaves Real Madrid after 23 years

    May 18, 2026
    APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who were not cleared to participate in its Senate primary elections ahead of the 2027 general elections.

    APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race

    May 18, 2026
    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.