Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Igboho’s return to Nigeria means certain death – Lawyer

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 9, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 
    Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Igboho
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Igboho has been said to be safer in Benin Republic than in Nigeria.

    Igboho’s lawyer made the assertion on Saturday, adding he would be killed, should he be made to return to Nigeria.

    “He (Igboho) is safer in Benin,” Ibrahim David Salami told international news agency AFP.

    “He is not at all safe in Nigeria. Sending him to Nigeria means certain death.”

    Chronicle NG reported how security operatives stormed Igboho’s residence in Ibadan on July 1.

    Few hours later, the Department of State Services (DSS) claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement, stating that the invasion was a raid by a joint team of security operatives.

    • Buhari reveals lawmaker sponsoring Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday Igboho

    The DSS alleged that Igboho and his co-conspirators plotted to wage a violent insurrection against the Nigerian State and asked the Yoruba nation agitator to turn himself in at the nearest security agency.

    Igboho’s associates arrested by the DSS were later paraded and detained for over two months despite the ruling of a Federal High Court in Abuja ordering their release.

    The Yoruba nation agitator, on the other hand, fled the country to Benin but was later arrested by authorities en route to Germany.

    While the Federal Government is making effort to extradite him, Salami insisted that Nigerian authorities have yet to officially begin the process.

    “What we feared at the start was an extradition request but there is no such demand,” the lawyer said.

    “The fact that he is being investigated for a violation that could have been committed on Beninese territory is a hurdle to an extradition request as this case will first have to be sorted out.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.