Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    February 22, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to earn about $275 million following his contract extension with Al Nassr

    Ronaldo pledges loyalty to Al-Nassr

    February 22, 2026
    APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected

    APC wins Kuje chairmanship election

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law
    • Ronaldo pledges loyalty to Al-Nassr
    • APC wins Kuje chairmanship election
    • Tinubu congratulates winners of FCT, Kano, Rivers elections
    • Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on bet winnings
    • BREAKING: PDP wins Gwagwalada chairmanship in FCT polls as APC secures AMAC
    • 117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme in Borno
    • APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, February 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Hoodlums bomb INEC office, police station, kill one in Anambra

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedFebruary 1, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Gunmen burn INEC office in Enugu and killed a police officer in Enugu
    Gunmen burn INEC office in Enugu and killed a police officer in Enugu PHOTO/NAN
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A 16-year-old boy was on Wednesday killed while a 15-year-old girl sustained a gunshot injury in a bomb attack at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and a police station in Ojoto and Nnobi in Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State.

    The hoodlums who carried out the attack invaded the area in the early hours of the day with four Seina vehicles, IEDs, petrol bombs, and other explosives.

    Newsmen gathered that the boy died in the incident, while the female teenager who sustained a gunshot injury had been rushed to the hospital for medical attention.

    Police spokesperson Tochukwu Ikenga confirmed the incident, saying security deployment had been reinforced in the state, while the situation is being monitored.

    He said: “Anambra State Police Command today 1/2/2023 has reinforced security deployment in the state, following an attack on the INEC office and Nnobi Police Station.

    • Gunmen attack INEC office, kill policeman

    “The hoodlums came in their numbers by 1:45 am today 1/2/2023, with four unmarked Seina vehicles, armed with IEDs, Petrol bombs, and other explosives, invaded the INEC office, the Police Station and the residential building in the station.

    “Unfortunately, one boy aged 16 years a relative of a serving policeman in the station was murdered by the armed men while the other, a female aged 15 years old sustained a gunshot injury. She has been taken to the hospital where she is receiving treatment.

    “The situation is being monitored and further details shall be communicated, please.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected

    APC wins Kuje chairmanship election

    Tinubu says electoral results are finalised by humans not computers

    Tinubu congratulates winners of FCT, Kano, Rivers elections

    Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on bet winnings

    PDP wins Gwagwalada chairmanship in FCT polls as APC secures AMAC

    BREAKING: PDP wins Gwagwalada chairmanship in FCT polls as APC secures AMAC

    117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme in Borno

    117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme in Borno

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    February 22, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to earn about $275 million following his contract extension with Al Nassr

    Ronaldo pledges loyalty to Al-Nassr

    February 22, 2026
    APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected

    APC wins Kuje chairmanship election

    February 22, 2026
    Tinubu says electoral results are finalised by humans not computers

    Tinubu congratulates winners of FCT, Kano, Rivers elections

    February 22, 2026
    Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on bet winnings

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.