Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    May 18, 2026
    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    May 18, 2026
    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail
    • Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher
    • Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return
    • Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica
    • Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale
    • Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action
    • Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo
    • Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police warn #EndSARS protesters after vandalisation of station in Ekiti

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 18, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    A vandalised car at the Ikere Ekiti police staion
    A vandalised car at the Ikere Ekiti police staion
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Ekiti state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Babatunde Mobayo has warned EndSARS protesters and hoodlums that the police will stand by and watch after a police station was attacked on Saturday.

    Mr Mobayo also described the attack on the station was not only condemnable, barbaric but an onslaught against the police.

    In a statement on Sunday by the police spokesperson, Sunday Abutu, the police boss said that whether the attack was orchestrated by the EndSARS protesters or hijackers, the command won’t tolerate violent protest in Ekiti, because it infringes on the rights of the citizens.

    Mobayo warned he will not allow the state to be thrown into anarchy, saying no property belonging to the corporate body, individuals, or government should be attacked during any protest perceived to be peaceful, legal, and mass-oriented.

    The statement reads: ” On Saturday, 17th October 2020, a group of hoodlums in their large numbers, in the name of protest, went wild and attacked Ikere Area Command as well as Ikere Divisional Police Headquarters, destroying items worth millions of naira in the process.

    “Part of the items destroyed were: the Area Command and the Divisional Headquarters’ Fences/Gates, Divisional Headquarters’ Signposts, about 40 window glasses, four vehicles, the roof of a building close to the station, among others.

    • Gov Oyetola escape death at #EndSARS protest

    “The Ekiti state Commissioner of Police, however, condemns such attack on Police properties and innocent citizens, noting that the attack could be described as barbaric, wicked and uncalled for”.

    On Saturday, policemen attached to the Ikere Division Police in Ikere-Ekiti, Ekiti State fled for safety after some hoodlums attacked and vandalised the division.

    It was gathered the hoodlums who stormed the station around 2 pm and damaged the building and four vehicles parked within the premises of the station.

    It was learnt the hoodlums, who were victims of police unethical conduct had earlier blocked some major roads in town before invading the station.

    An eyewitness told our correspondent that some of the police officers in the station took to their heels on sighting the irate hoodlums.

    Our correspondent, who visited the station observed that about 40 glasses of the windows had been shattered while its fences were in shambles.

    Windscreens and side glasses of four vehicles parked within the division were vandalised.

    The roof of a building close to the station, among others, were also destroyed.

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    May 18, 2026
    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    May 18, 2026
    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return

    May 18, 2026
    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    May 18, 2026
    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.