Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    May 20, 2026
    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    • ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach
    • Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Here are the ’55 Most Wanted Terrorists’

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 21, 2016No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Abubakar Shekau, leader of Boko Haram terrorists Yobe
    Abubakar Shekau, leader of Boko Haram terrorists
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Abubakar Shekau, leader of Boko Haram terrorists
    Abubakar Shekau, leader of Boko Haram terrorists
    Nigerian military has unveiled photographs of another 55 Boko Haram terrorists declared wanted, bringing the number of wanted terrorists so far to 257.

    It had earlier declared 202 insurgents wanted in two batches in 2015.

    Unveiling the photographs at the terrorists on Monday, the Theatre Commander, and Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, called on Nigerians to join in search for the terrorists.

    Olonisakin said that counter insurgency was a field operation which required adequate awareness by the stakeholders.

    “With this launch of additional photographs of wanted Boko Haram terrorists, it is hoped that the public and other peace loving citizen will provide useful information that will aid in riding the society of these terrorists and criminal elements,’’ he said.

    The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, had noted that many of the 202 terrorists earlier declared wanted had either been killed or arrested during operations.

    “We have earlier in the course of our campaigns against the insurgents from late 2015 published two editions, comprising 202 individuals that have been identified, key members of the Boko Haram insurgents.

    “In the course our counter insurgency operations, quite a significant number of these wanted terrorists have either been killed or arrested.

    “Those arrested have been providing useful information that has assisted the Nigerian army undertake successful operations,” he said.

    Buratai called on Nigerians and the media with useful information about the suspects to provide it, saying that such information would be treated with “utmost confidentiality”.

    “No item of information is too little or should be ignored,” he said.

    He said the Nigerian Army had achieved significant progress in the fight against the terrorists by degrading their combat power as well as decimating their ranks.

    The army chief restated that 60 per cent of the remnants of the terrorists were not Nigerians and appealed to the citizens to contribute to the efforts to flush them out of the country.

    “It is very clear that the Boko Haram terrorists have been defeated.

    “To continue to have any doubt in this regard or to continue to re-echo or insinuate that these terrorists have not been defeated is only a way of encouraging these terrorists,’’ Buratai said.

    He assured the people of Kaito, Damasak, Gashiga and indeed Mallam Fatori in northern Borno that the roads leading to their communities would soon be re-opened to enable them to return before the end of 2016.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    May 20, 2026
    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.