Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    February 17, 2026
    Galatasaray will head to Turin with a three-goal advantage after recovering from a deficit to defeat Juventus in an intense first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie.

    Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash

    February 17, 2026
    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan
    • Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash
    • Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill
    • 100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support
    • Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue
    • House of Reps row over electoral act amendment bill
    • Saka extends Arsenal stay with fresh five-year contract
    • Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Here are the ’55 Most Wanted Terrorists’

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 21, 2016No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Abubakar Shekau, leader of Boko Haram terrorists Yobe
    Abubakar Shekau, leader of Boko Haram terrorists
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Abubakar Shekau, leader of Boko Haram terrorists
    Abubakar Shekau, leader of Boko Haram terrorists
    Nigerian military has unveiled photographs of another 55 Boko Haram terrorists declared wanted, bringing the number of wanted terrorists so far to 257.

    It had earlier declared 202 insurgents wanted in two batches in 2015.

    Unveiling the photographs at the terrorists on Monday, the Theatre Commander, and Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, called on Nigerians to join in search for the terrorists.

    Olonisakin said that counter insurgency was a field operation which required adequate awareness by the stakeholders.

    “With this launch of additional photographs of wanted Boko Haram terrorists, it is hoped that the public and other peace loving citizen will provide useful information that will aid in riding the society of these terrorists and criminal elements,’’ he said.

    The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, had noted that many of the 202 terrorists earlier declared wanted had either been killed or arrested during operations.

    “We have earlier in the course of our campaigns against the insurgents from late 2015 published two editions, comprising 202 individuals that have been identified, key members of the Boko Haram insurgents.

    “In the course our counter insurgency operations, quite a significant number of these wanted terrorists have either been killed or arrested.

    “Those arrested have been providing useful information that has assisted the Nigerian army undertake successful operations,” he said.

    Buratai called on Nigerians and the media with useful information about the suspects to provide it, saying that such information would be treated with “utmost confidentiality”.

    “No item of information is too little or should be ignored,” he said.

    He said the Nigerian Army had achieved significant progress in the fight against the terrorists by degrading their combat power as well as decimating their ranks.

    The army chief restated that 60 per cent of the remnants of the terrorists were not Nigerians and appealed to the citizens to contribute to the efforts to flush them out of the country.

    “It is very clear that the Boko Haram terrorists have been defeated.

    “To continue to have any doubt in this regard or to continue to re-echo or insinuate that these terrorists have not been defeated is only a way of encouraging these terrorists,’’ Buratai said.

    He assured the people of Kaito, Damasak, Gashiga and indeed Mallam Fatori in northern Borno that the roads leading to their communities would soon be re-opened to enable them to return before the end of 2016.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    Kwara: No fewer than nine worshipers were abducted on Sunday by Terrorists during a vigil at St. John’s Catholic Church in Ojije, Utonkon District of Ado Local Government Area, Benue State.

    Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue

    Reps row over electoral act amendment bill

    House of Reps row over electoral act amendment bill

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    February 17, 2026
    Galatasaray will head to Turin with a three-goal advantage after recovering from a deficit to defeat Juventus in an intense first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie.

    Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash

    February 17, 2026
    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    February 17, 2026
    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    February 17, 2026
    Kwara: No fewer than nine worshipers were abducted on Sunday by Terrorists during a vigil at St. John’s Catholic Church in Ojije, Utonkon District of Ado Local Government Area, Benue State.

    Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.