Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who were not cleared to participate in its Senate primary elections ahead of the 2027 general elections.

    APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race

    May 18, 2026
    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing

    May 18, 2026
    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race
    • Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing
    • Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail
    • Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher
    • Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return
    • Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica
    • Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale
    • Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Gunmen kill oil employees

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoMay 8, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Gunmen kill UNIBEN student, injure others
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Three employees of Okomu Oil Palm Company PLC were slain by gunmen on Monday while working on their plantation in Benin, Edo State.

    The company’s Public Relations Officer, Fidelis Olise, confirmed the death to reporters on Tuesday, saying it was carried out by “unknown persons.”

    He added that the corporation had a good relationship with the host villages in the area, but he couldn’t say whether any of them were involved in the attack.

    He stated the event had been reported to the police, and an inquiry was already underway.

    He said, “I can confirm to you that three of our staff members were killed by gunmen on Monday while they were working on our plantation.

    “We enjoy cordial relationships with the communities around us, and we cannot say whether members of the communities were involved. However, the matter has been reported to the police, and we hope justice will be done,” he added.

    He said, “I can confirm to you that three of our staff members were killed by gunmen on Monday while they were working on our plantation.

    “We enjoy cordial relationships with the communities around us, and we cannot say whether members of the communities were involved. However, the matter has been reported to the police, and we hope justice will be done,” he added.

    Funsho Adegboye, the state Commissioner of police, stated that extra men had been assigned to the area by the state command to prevent a repeat of the attack and that it was shocking that the gunmen were able to carry it out.

    He stated that the attackers came from a bordering state and that attempts were made to apprehend and prosecute them.

    He also stated that the police were working with the management of Okomu Oil to develop measures to make the environment safer for its employees at all times.

    The CP said, “Preliminary findings showed that the gunmen came from the creek in a neighbouring state, which I would not like to mention. The attack is shocking.

    “However, more men have been deployed to the area to forestall a repeat, while the police, in conjunction with Okomu Oil, are working to ensure that the culprits are arrested.

    “We will not allow such an occurrence to happen in the state again,” the CP added.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who were not cleared to participate in its Senate primary elections ahead of the 2027 general elections.

    APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race

    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who were not cleared to participate in its Senate primary elections ahead of the 2027 general elections.

    APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race

    May 18, 2026
    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing

    May 18, 2026
    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    May 18, 2026
    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    May 18, 2026
    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.