Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    EFCC operatives at University of Uyo Teaching Hospital during incident involving tear gas and hospital staff reaction.

    EFCC will discipline officers over UUTH raid – Olukoyede

    May 19, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    We thought Obasa’s impeachment had Tinubu’s backing – Desmond Elliot

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • EFCC will discipline officers over UUTH raid – Olukoyede
    • We thought Obasa’s impeachment had Tinubu’s backing – Desmond Elliot
    • Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation
    • AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit
    • Tinubu era records $8bn capital spending milestone – IMPI
    • Togo grants visa-free entry to all African citizens
    • Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager
    • Sadiya Farouq: Court sustains arrest warrant against ex-minister
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, May 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Gunmen kidnap IT students in Ondo, demand N15m ransom

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoFebruary 9, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Gunmen attacked the headquarters of a local security organization, codenamed OSPAC, on Erema Street in Omoku, Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area, Rivers State, injuring one person.
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Gunmen have abducted three people at a farm in Oke Oge, Oba Ile, Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, on Saturday evening, February 8, 2025.

    The victims, whose identities had not been revealed at the time of reporting this story, were identified as a farm manager and two industrial training students working on the property.

    The gunmen’s attack comes just two weeks after suspected herders allegedly killed five labourers on a farm in the Ajegunle-Powerline village of the same local government.

    According to a source, the farm, located near Akure Airport, is owned by a former state commissioner who specialises in pepper and tomato growing.

    “Those kidnapped are students undergoing their industrial training at the farm. It’s a pepper and tomatoes farm belonging to a former commissioner,” the source said.

    • Gunmen kidnap Ohanaeze Ndigbo president in Imo

    Confirming the incident on Sunday, February 9, 2025, the Commander of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, Amotekun, Akogun Adetunji Adeleye, said security officers had been dispatched to track down the kidnappers and rescue the victims.

    “I can confirm to you that we are on top of the situation. They were kidnapped while returning from the farm. Our men have been deployed to rescue them from the kidnappers’ den,” Adeleye stated.

    A family source revealed that the gunmen have demanded a N15m ransom for the victims’ release.

    “The kidnappers have contacted the families and are insisting on N15m ransom. Since then, they have switched off their phone,” the source disclosed.

    Chronicle NG reports that security agencies are intensifying efforts to ensure the safe return of the victims.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    EFCC operatives at University of Uyo Teaching Hospital during incident involving tear gas and hospital staff reaction.

    EFCC will discipline officers over UUTH raid – Olukoyede

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    We thought Obasa’s impeachment had Tinubu’s backing – Desmond Elliot

    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation

    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu era records $8bn capital spending milestone – IMPI

    Togo announces visa-free entry policy for all African passport holders for stays of up to 30 days.

    Togo grants visa-free entry to all African citizens

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    EFCC operatives at University of Uyo Teaching Hospital during incident involving tear gas and hospital staff reaction.

    EFCC will discipline officers over UUTH raid – Olukoyede

    May 19, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    We thought Obasa’s impeachment had Tinubu’s backing – Desmond Elliot

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation

    May 19, 2026
    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit

    May 19, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu era records $8bn capital spending milestone – IMPI

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.