Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Barcelona narrowly defeated Real Madrid in a five-goal clash to claim consecutive Spanish Super Cup titles in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

    Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable
    • Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 
    • Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0
    • Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River
    • NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos
    • Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 
    • US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate
    • SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, February 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Gov. Wike says he has nothing against Islam

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorSeptember 9, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Akpabio lauds Wike as he celebrates 57th birthday
    FCT minister, Nyesom Wike
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Governor of Rivers, Nyesome Wike on Sunday says he has nothing against Islam or any faith.

    Wike made the remarks while showing the Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) and Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi the site of the mosque he allegedly demolished in Port Harcourt.

    A statement issued by NGF’s Head of Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Abdulrazaque Bello-Barkindo in Abuja, said that Fayemi was in Port-Hacourt to verify the true situation about the issue.

    Wike claimed that there was no mosque at the site, but a sewage line.

    “I have nothing against Islam or any faith for that matter.

    ” As you can see there was never a mosque on this ground instead it is a sewage site which has been in contention between the state government and some groups because they want to develop on prohibited land.”

    Wike appreciated the NGF Chairman, who was accompanied by the Director General of the Forum, Mr Asishana Okauru, for taking time to visit and verify the truth about the situation.

    He also commended Fayemi’s leadership style which he described as exemplary, noting that he did not join those who rushed to judgement on the matter.

    READ: Insecurity: Katsina, Sokoto, Zamfara sign MoU with Niger Republic

    According  to the NGF statement, “those who yelled about the demolition were being plain mischievous.”

    It said “there was nothing there to show that a mosque ever existed on the site.”

    It recalled that the Sultan of Sokoto and President of the Jaamatul Nasir Islam, the umbrella body of all Muslims in Nigeria, Sa’ad Abubakar had earlier called for caution on the matter.

    Abubakar called for restraint by Muslims in their reaction to the alleged demolition of the mosque in the Transamadi area of Port Harcourt.

    Abubakar in a statement issued in Kaduna, said that caution and restraint was necessary to allow the leadership of the Muslim Ummah “find a lasting solution with wisdom” on the said demolition of the mosque.

    The Sultan had enjoined Muslims to be guided by the Qur’anic teaching of introspection and perseverance, truthfulness and sincerity.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected

    APC wins Kuje chairmanship election

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Barcelona narrowly defeated Real Madrid in a five-goal clash to claim consecutive Spanish Super Cup titles in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

    Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0

    February 22, 2026
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    February 22, 2026
    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.