Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno
    • El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe
    • ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Fuel crisis intensifies, stations insist on cash payment

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedMarch 9, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    NNPCL admits debt to fuel suppliers responsible for queues
    Fuel scarcity and queues
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Many motorists in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) are frustrated by the current fuel crisis and long lines at gas stations.

    According to newsmen who monitored fuel stations in Abuja, many stations are not dispensing products, and the few that are are causing serious traffic due to long queues.

    The motorists also expressed their displeasure with the country’s cash crunch, which they claim is exacerbating the problem, and urged the Federal Government to intervene immediately.

    The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Ltd. (NNPCL) blamed the petrol queues in Abuja and other parts of the country on business and movement restrictions during the presidential and National Assembly elections.

    The NNPCL said operations had resumed at the depots and trucks are being dispatched to various parts of the country.

    • Fuel queues due to elections restrictions – NNPCL

    A motorist, Mr. Aloysius Osita, told newsmen that the resurfacing of fuel scarcity is adding to the demoralized state of residents.

    He added that “I thought that the issue of petrol scarcity has been addressed finally, but I was surprised to see queues everywhere.

    “It has worsened the situation, given queuing for petrol and Point of Sale (POS) payment at the same time.

    “After queuing for petrol, you will also queue for POS, which may decline and alter the fuel purchase.”

    Another motorist, Mr . Gbemi Olugbenga, expressed concern over the unavailability of products and urged the regulatory authority to hasten product distribution to cushion the effect.

    Olugbenga said, “sometimes, some petrol stations are taken over by touts who usually hijack the fuel station’s management, causing more hardship and traffic for other commuters.”

    Some of the residents also lamented the lack of fuel to power their generators for businesses and domestic use.

    Media reports that “black marketers” are also seen making brisk sales, selling 10 litres of petrol at N4,000 through electronic transfer or POS payment, and N3,500 for cash payment.

    One of the sellers who would not want to be identified said the “black marketers” had been facing difficulties in getting fuel from the stations, adding that most of them insist on cash payment instead of transfer or POS payment.

    Meanwhile, the NNPCL retail outlets sell a litre of petrol at N940, while other fuel stations sell at N950 per litre.

    The Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) had said it was working with other stakeholders to mitigate the tightness being experienced in the distribution of fuel.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.