Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly

    May 18, 2026
    Land-grabbing thugs popularly called "Omo Onile" have demolished over 50 buildings in the Surulere community of Lagos State.

    Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation

    May 18, 2026
    Senate : SERAP demands Akpabio publish names in N200tn NNPCL probe

    Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly
    • Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation
    • Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west
    • El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail
    • Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary
    • Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital
    • Robert Lewandowski to leave Barcelona at end of season
    • Dani Carvajal leaves Real Madrid after 23 years
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, May 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    FLASH: Nigerian troops rescue Chibok girl

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 5, 2016No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Colonel Sani Usman, Nigerian Army spokesperson
    Colonel Sani Usman, Nigerian Army spokesperson

    Nigerian Army troops of 121 Battalion, deployed at Pulka, Gwoza Local Government Area, Borno, for Operation Lafiya Dole, on Saturday rescued one of the kidnapped Chibok girls.

    A statement issued by the army Spokesman, Colonel Sani Usman, in Abuja, said the girl was discovered while the troops were screening some escapees from Boko Haram terrorists’ hideout in Sambisa forest at about 6 a.m.

    Usman gave the name of the recued girl as Maryam Ali Maiyanga.

    “She was discovered to be carrying a 10-month-old son, named Ali. She has been taken to the unit’s medical facility for proper medical check up.

    “It is imperative to state that troops have been working round the clock to clear remnants of Boko Haram terrorists wherever they might be hibernating and also rescue all persons held hostages by terrorists,” he said.

    NAN recalls that the Boko Haram terrorists had released 21 of the 219 kidnapped girls on November 13 after negotiations between them and the Federal Government which was faclitated by the Swiss Government and the Red Cross.

    The girls were abducted in April 2014 by the insurgents.

    On 17 October, 21 Chibok girls who had been kidnapped by the Islamist sect, Boko Haram reunited with their families.

    In an emotional ceremony in the capital Abuja, one of the girls said they had survived for 40 days without food and narrowly escaped death at least once.

    It is unclear how the release was negotiated, but an official says talks are under way to free some more girls.

    Of the 276 students kidnapped in April 2014, 197 are still missing.

    One of the girls freed said during a Christian ceremony in Abuja: “I was… [in] the woods when the plane dropped a bomb near me but I wasn’t hurt.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly

    Land-grabbing thugs popularly called "Omo Onile" have demolished over 50 buildings in the Surulere community of Lagos State.

    Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation

    Senate : SERAP demands Akpabio publish names in N200tn NNPCL probe

    Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail

    Gunmen in military uniform attacked Yahaya Bello - Kogi Government

    Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary

    Fire razes TASUED hostel

    Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly

    May 18, 2026
    Land-grabbing thugs popularly called "Omo Onile" have demolished over 50 buildings in the Surulere community of Lagos State.

    Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation

    May 18, 2026
    Senate : SERAP demands Akpabio publish names in N200tn NNPCL probe

    Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west

    May 18, 2026
    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail

    May 18, 2026
    Gunmen in military uniform attacked Yahaya Bello - Kogi Government

    Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.