Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Foden scores late winner as Man City beat Leeds

    Foden scores late winner as Man City beat Leeds

    November 29, 2025
    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    November 29, 2025
    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Foden scores late winner as Man City beat Leeds
    • BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors
    • DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments
    • Malami released after EFCC grilling
    • Lere Paimo is alive – ANTP
    • Jonathan questions Guinea-Bissau’s president’s involvement in coup
    • Tanker explosion kills three in Kano
    • Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Fire razes 40 shops in popular Abuja market

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoAugust 17, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Fire razes TASUED hostel
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A fire outbreak on Friday night damaged a section of the popular Kaura Modern Market, located opposite the Prince and Princess Market in Abuja’s Kaura District. 

    The inferno, which apparently began about 11 p.m. on Friday, destroyed over 40 shops, destroying products such as food, appliances, and household goods.

    Confirming the incident, Amiola Adebayo, Acting Director of the FCT Fire Service, stated in a report shared with our correspondent on Saturday that the inferno was caused by an electrical spark on a power changeover installed in one of the shops, which was exacerbated by a generator kept inside the shop where the inferno began.

    According to the report, the incident was reported at 11:11 p.m. and was eventually extinguished at 1:59 a.m. by combined teams of the FCT and Federal Fire Service.

    The report reads, “Property involved: an open market block that comprises 39 shops of foodstuffs. Items lost: foodstuffs, generators, refrigerators, fruits, umbrellas, electrical appliances, household items, and some parts of the roof.

    “Cause of fire: Electrical spark on a power change-over installed in one of the shops. The fire was put under control by the combined teams of the FCT fire service and Federal Fire. Fire under control at 1:59 am.”

    The director, however, did not say whether there had been any deaths or injuries as a result of the incident.

    Responding to reports that the Service came late at the scene of the event, Adebayo said that network issues from service providers made the service difficult to reach, but that officers arrived between 10 and 12 minutes after receiving the call.

    “The only challenge we had was network. They couldn’t reach us on time. I was there myself. When they called, I had to mobilise the Games Village service, and in about 10-12 minutes they were there. But you know, to a person at the scene, one minute would have felt like a long time. And then the Asokoro unit joined about 15 minutes later,”  he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami released after EFCC grilling

    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Lere Paimo is alive – ANTP

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan questions Guinea-Bissau’s president’s involvement in coup

    39 Niger tanker explosion victims get mass burial

    Tanker explosion kills three in Kano

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Foden scores late winner as Man City beat Leeds

    Foden scores late winner as Man City beat Leeds

    November 29, 2025
    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    November 29, 2025
    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    November 29, 2025
    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami released after EFCC grilling

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Lere Paimo is alive – ANTP

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.