Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel admits lying over rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim
    • Mirabel admits lying over rape claim
    • Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack
    • Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 
    • EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin
    • Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia
    • SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit
    • NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Fifth death in Italy amid hunt for Coronavirus spreader

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorFebruary 24, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Germany: Police launch manhunt as suspect kills family of three
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A fifth person has died from coronavirus in Italy, where cases have soared over 200 – as Austria assembles a special taskforce to consider border controls.

    A dozen towns in Italy are in lockdown as authorities race to contain the biggest outbreak of coronavirus in Europe.

    More than 200 people in Italy have been infected with COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus – and there have been at least five deaths over the past 48 hours.

    The latest victim was 88 years old and was from the northern Lombardy region, Italian media reported, making him the fourth victim in the area.

    READ ALSO: Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad Resigns

    On Sunday evening, Austria refused entry to a train coming from Italy after the Italian State Railways informed Austrian train operator OBB that there were two people with fever symptoms on board.

    “Tonight a train on its way from Venice to Munich was stopped at the Austrian border,” Austria’s interior ministry earlier confirmed.

    The operator later confirmed to Sky News that all train traffic to and from Italy had been suspended – but the suspension was lifted after a few hours.

    Concern has also been expressed by the French director of health Jerome Salomon, who said the situation was “worrying” and warned of further cases in France because of its proximity to Italy.

    He told the France Info radio station that “anyone returning from Lombardy or Veneto with symptoms must be considered suspicious”, but said there were not yet any plans for border controls.

    However, officials did intercept a coach from Milan to Lyon over concerns one Italian on board might have the virus, having displayed flu-like symptoms.

    Police put up a security cordon around the bus and moved the passengers into an area of Lyon Perrache bus station, where they were isolated from other travellers, and the person showing symptoms was taken to hospital.

    Germany has said it is not considering border closures.

    SKY

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    US to withdraw all troops from Syria

    GameZone Rebate

    GameZone Rebate Builds Trust Within Organized Play

    Pope Leo flags Nigeria over rising Christian persecution concerns

    Pope urges Christians to refrain from slander as Lent begins

    Borussia Dortmund Niclas Fuellkurg scored the only goal of the match against PSG

    Borussia Dortmund get 2-0 Champions League win over Atalanta

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel admits lying over rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    February 20, 2026
    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    February 20, 2026
    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.