Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Abba Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    May 21, 2026
    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkey president

    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers
    • Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes
    • Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president
    • Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad
    • Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term
    • Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll
    • Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Father, 56, son, 21, docked for raping daughter, sister

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMay 22, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Court, Housewife and son beat in-law to death over meat
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    An allegedly incestuous father, 56-year-old Sunday Adimagwu, and his son, Kenneth, 21, were on Monday brought before an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court charged with raping a 12-year-old girl.

    The father is being tried for raping his own daughter, while the son, was arraigned for allegedly raping the same girl (his step-sister).

    Both the father, a driver, and the son, a trader, live at 4,Ilogbo Street, Ajangbadi, Okokomaiko, a suburb of Lagos, on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway.

    The police prosecutor, Clifford Ogu, told the court that the offences were committed between September 2016 and April 2017 at the apartment of the accused.

    Mr. Ogu, an inspector, said the 12-year-old girl had been staying with her father and the step-mother following a separation between her mother and the father.

    “Both have sexually assaulted the girl on different occasions; father and son took turns to defile her.
    “When the girl had the opportunity, she ran to her mother’s house and told her what she has been going through — persistent sexual assault.”

    Outraged by the former husband’s rape of the girl she had for him, the woman reported the case at the police station and the man was immediately apprehended, Mr. Ogu also told the court.

    The offence contravened Section 259 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015 (Revised).

    The duo, however , pleaded not guilty to the charge.

    In her ruling, the Chief Magistrate, Taiwo Akanni, granted the accused bail in the sum of N250,000 each with two sureties each in like sum.

    The case has been adjourned until June 19 for mention.
    (NAN)

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Former Power Minister Saleh Mamman arrested by EFCC operatives in Kaduna after corruption conviction and sentencing.

    JUST IN: EFCC arrests convicted ex-power minister Mamman in Kaduna

    Godwin

    Adimike Godwin: NYSC member kills father in Abuja

    Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy

    AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy

    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan’s 2027 bid

    Gabriel Suswam appearing at the Federal High Court in Abuja during proceedings in the alleged N3.1bn fraud trial.

    Ex-Benue gov Suswam faces final stage in N3.1bn fraud case May 29

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Abba Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    May 21, 2026
    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkey president

    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president

    May 21, 2026
    Grealish, Maguire dropped from England final squad list

    Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad

    May 21, 2026
    Aliyu sacks all Sokoto educational authorities

    Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.