Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    #EndSARS: Lagos govt suspends mass burial for 103 victims

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoOctober 10, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Obidient movement denies involvement in #EndSARS protest
    Nigerian youths protested police brutality during #EndSARS
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Lagos State Government has announced that the scheduled mass burial of the 103 bodies retrieved in the aftermath of the #EndSARS protest in October 2020 has been suspended.

    Mr. Gbenga Omotoso, the Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, informed reporters on Monday that the planned mass burial had been postponed due to the uproar created by the announcement in July.

    The state government stated in a leaked memo dated July 19, 2023, that the 103 corpses would be mass buried.

    This has caused consternation among human rights activists and civil society organizations.

    Amnesty International, a human rights organization, and a group known as the Coalition of #EndSARS Protesters and Supporters had asked the state administration to halt the scheduled mass burial.

    Amnesty International has also demanded the government “conduct transparent coroner inquests and autopsies on the 103 #EndSARS victims” in addition to the suspension demand.

    • #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu plans mass burial for victims

    Mr. Gboyega Akosile, the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, assured the press exclusively that the administration would “conform to global best practices” in carrying out the mass burial.

    On Monday, when asked for an update on the situation, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy stated that the planned mass burial “remains suspended to give people ample time to identify their relatives that may be among the corpses.”

    “It is to allow more time for identification, as suggested when it was disclosed that the government was planning a mass burial for them,” Omotoso said.

    He also added that “up till now, nobody has shown up to identify any of the corpses. But the government has decided to give people more time.”

    Furthermore, he stated that the planned burial would “be carried out soon, but because of the controversies around that time, it was suspended. People now have the time and ample opportunity to see if their relatives are there.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.