Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    • Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday
    • Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border
    • Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo
    • Terrorists kidnap four in fresh Kwara attack
    • US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Bawa warns whistleblowers as EFCC parades three suspects

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 20, 2021No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    EFCC chairman, Abdulrasheed Bawa
    EFCC chairman, Abdulrasheed Bawa
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Abdulrasheed Bawa, yesterday warned whistleblowers against misleading the agency.

    He said the commission would no longer tolerate false information with the newly-created Directorate of Intelligence verifying information before EFCC takes action.

    He spoke on a day the Federal Capital Territory High Court, Bwari, Abuja, remanded three men in Kuje prison over alleged false information on ex-Minister Audu Innocent Ogbeh.

    The suspects had claimed that monies were stashed in Ogbeh’s residence in Lugbe, Abuja, which turned out not to be true.

    The agency’s Head of Media and Publicity, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said Bawa expressed concern about the activities of supposed whistleblowers who mislead the agency through false information.

    He said scarce investigative resources had been wasted by the agency in following up false leads that frequently come to dead end.

    Uwajaren quoted Bawa as saying the activities of false whistleblowers “detract from the noble intendment of the Whistleblower Policy of the Federal Government which seeks to incentivise information leading to the recovery of stolen wealth.”

    The EFCC spokesman added: “Noting that the Whistleblower Policy was not designed as a tool for unscrupulous citizens to send law enforcement agencies on wild goose chase or set them against their perceived enemies, he vowed that the EFCC will not hesitate to prosecute any whistleblower who willfully provides the agency with false information.

    “He, however, reiterated the Commission’s preparedness to work with genuine whistleblowers and acknowledged the breakthroughs which the EFCC recorded in its assets recovery drive, using information supplied by whistleblowers.

    “He advised genuine informants to be cautious and ensure that they have accurate information before engaging with the agency.”

    Bawa pledged that the Directorate of Intelligence which was recently created, will henceforth ensure that all information received by the EFCC is subjected to rigorous due diligence before action is taken.

    • I regret supporting Buhari in 2015 -Dino Melaye

    Arraigned at the FCT High Court by the Abuja Zonal Office on a one count charge of false and misleading information were Theophilus Omambala, Lawal Umar and Alexander Danjuma.

    The charge reads: “That you Theophilus Omambala sometime in 2021 at Abuja within the jurisdiction of this Honorable Court, gave false information to officers of the EFCC that monies were stashed at the residence of one Audu Innocent Ogbeh located at Lugbe District of the FCT, which information turned out to be false, untrue and misleading and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 39(2) (b) of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Establishment ct (2004).

    The defendants pleaded not guilty to the charge preferred against them.

    “In view of their plea, the prosecuting counsel, Aliyu Bokani Usman asked the Court for a trial date and that the defendants be remanded at the Nigerian Correctional Centre, Kuje.

    “Counsel to the defendants, A.I. Na-jirgi prayed the Court to grant his clients bail.

    “The judge (Justice Musa Usman) rejected his oral application, insisting on a formal bail application which should be filed before the next adjourned date.

    “The defendants have been remanded in the Kuje Custodial Centre pending determination of bail application. The case has been adjourned till June 21, 2021.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    Amotekun arrests 170 anti-open grazing law violators

    Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo

    Terrorists abduct nine Catholic church worshippers in Benue

    Terrorists kidnap four in fresh Kwara attack

    US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism

    US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    February 15, 2026
    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.