Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Pope Leo flags Nigeria over rising Christian persecution concerns

    Pope urges Christians to refrain from slander as Lent begins

    February 18, 2026
    Borussia Dortmund Niclas Fuellkurg scored the only goal of the match against PSG

    Borussia Dortmund get 2-0 Champions League win over Atalanta

    February 18, 2026
    Desire Doue

    Doue scores brace as PSG comeback to beat 10-man Monaco

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Pope urges Christians to refrain from slander as Lent begins
    • Borussia Dortmund get 2-0 Champions League win over Atalanta
    • Doue scores brace as PSG comeback to beat 10-man Monaco
    • Vinicius scores winner despite racist abuse in Benfica clash
    • 2027: Tinubu appoints Uba Sani to lead APC mobilisation
    • Tinubu advocates fairer African financial system
    • Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan
    • Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Crew member sues Alec Baldwin over ‘Rust’ shooting incident

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 11, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Alec Baldwin shot and killed Halyna Hutchins
    Alec Baldwin shot and killed Halyna Hutchins accidentally
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The head electrician on the film set where Alec Baldwin accidentally shot dead cinematographer Halyna Hutchins last month is suing the actor and other crew members over the incident.

    Serge Svetnoy, a friend of Hutchins, is alleging negligence that resulted in “severe emotional distress”. He says the bullet narrowly missed him.

    The authorities are still investigating the 21 October incident in New Mexico.

    No criminal charges have been brought against anyone.

    Assistant director Dave Halls has told investigators he failed to check all the rounds in the gun before handing it over to Mr Baldwin, according to a court document.

    Mr Halls reportedly called out “cold gun” as he gave it to the actor, meaning he believed it to be safe.

    A film director was also injured in the shooting on the set of the Western film Rust.

    Mr Svetnoy’s civil lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles. It names nearly two dozen defendants.

    • Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson vows not to use real guns again after Baldwin incident

    During a news conference on Wednesday, Mr Svetnoy, 63, said he had seen guns sitting unattended in the dirt a few days before the fatal shooting, adding that he had warned the people responsible for them.

    His lawsuit alleges that on the day of the shooting he “felt a strange and terrifying whoosh of what felt like pressurised air”, when the gun went off. He was struck by “discharge materials from the blast”.

    At the news conference, Mr Svetnoy said he had kneeled down to try to help Ms Hutchins.

    Neither Mr Baldwin, 63, nor other defendants named in the lawsuit have so far publicly commented on the latest developments.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Pope Leo flags Nigeria over rising Christian persecution concerns

    Pope urges Christians to refrain from slander as Lent begins

    2027: Tinubu appoints Uba Sani to lead APC mobilisation

    2027: Tinubu appoints Uba Sani to lead APC mobilisation

    Tinubu vows to crush terrorism, says insecurity hurts Nigeria’s economy

    Tinubu advocates fairer African financial system

    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    Opposition lawmakers stage walk out over manual collation of results as backup

    Opposition lawmakers stage walk out over manual collation of results as backup

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Pope Leo flags Nigeria over rising Christian persecution concerns

    Pope urges Christians to refrain from slander as Lent begins

    February 18, 2026
    Borussia Dortmund Niclas Fuellkurg scored the only goal of the match against PSG

    Borussia Dortmund get 2-0 Champions League win over Atalanta

    February 18, 2026
    Desire Doue

    Doue scores brace as PSG comeback to beat 10-man Monaco

    February 18, 2026
    Vinicius Junior scored a spectacular winner for Real Madrid against Benfica in their Champions League play-off first leg, which was stopped for 10 minutes for alleged racist abuse.

    Vinicius scores winner despite racist abuse in Benfica clash

    February 18, 2026
    2027: Tinubu appoints Uba Sani to lead APC mobilisation

    2027: Tinubu appoints Uba Sani to lead APC mobilisation

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.