Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    May 22, 2026
    The Governor of Benue State, Hyacinth Alia, has expressed deep sorrow over the death of ten people in a tragic accident in the Okete community, Ohimini Local Government Area.

    Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election

    May 22, 2026
    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment
    • Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election
    • Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid
    • Police probe officer who threatened to kill people filming him
    • DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists
    • Phil Foden, Cole Palmer out of England World Cup squad, Toney, Mainoo, Madueke in
    • Oyo denies rescue of abducted students, teachers
    • Police deny rescue of abducted Oyo teachers, students
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Court to rule on El-Zazaky’s’ bail application Aug. 5

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 29, 2019No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Shi'ite leader Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky has been released following a court order
    Shiite leader in Nigeria Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Shi'ite leader Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky is in detention despite court rulings to release him
    Court to rule on El-Zazaki’s’ bail application Aug. 5

    Justice Darius Khobo of Kaduna State High Court, on Monday, adjourned to Aug. 5, ruling in the application for permission to travel to India for medical attention filed by Ibrahim El-Zazaky and his wife, Zinat.

    The Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) leader and his wife applied for medical bail citing poor health while in detention. Counsel to the respondents, who is also the Kaduna State Director of Public Prosecution, Mr Dari Bayero, briefed newsmen, shortly after the court hearing in Kaduna.

    Bayero said the adjournment was sequel to the argument put forth by counsel to both parties on the application. He said that his team had examined the eight medical  reports by both Nigerian and foreign doctors that accompanied the IMN leader’s application.

    READ: Box office: ‘Lion King’ reigns overseas with $142m, nears $1bn globally

    According to him, they had argued that there are several medical facilities in the country that can handle the medical needs of the IMN leader and his wife.

    Justice Khobo had granted the request of the Kaduna  state government to review and respond to Elzakzaki’s application.

    Meanwhile, counsel to the applicants, Femi Falana (SAN), told newsmen after Monday’s adjournment that his clients, El-Zakzaky and wife Zinat, were in dire need of medical attention.

    Falana said that his clients had not been given adequate medical care since their detention on Dec. 14, 2015. He expressed concern over the continued detoriating condition of his client’s health, who he said had already lost an eye and about to loose the second one if nothing is done.

    According to him, pellets of bullets were still in his clients’ bodies since 2015 and needed to be removed.Falana explained  that the IMN leader was not in court because his health was “very bad”, noting that even during the last appearance, he could not climb the staircase to the courtroom.

    “That is why we applied that he be excused from appearance in court and was granted.

    “The pellets had resulted to lead poison and needed to be urgently removed by highly professional medical personnel, ” Falana said.

    He expressed the hope that the Court would grant El-zakzaky  and his wife permission to travel for urgent medical care.

    The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the IMN leader had sought to go to Medanta Hospital, New Delhi, India for medical attention following his failing health condition.

    El-Zazaky in the application said he and his wife would return to Nigeria as soon as they were discharged.

    Recall that the IMN leader is standing trial over allegations of culpable homicide, unlawful assembly and disruption of public peace among other charges in another court headed by Justice Gideon Kurada.

    The case was adjourned indefinitely on April 25 to enable the judge serve on the panel of the National Assembly Elections Petitions Tribunal in Yobe.

    Before the indefinite adjournment, the court had on Jan. 22, ordered the Kaduna State Government to avail the IMN leader and his wife Zinat, access to medical care.(NAN)

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    The Governor of Benue State, Hyacinth Alia, has expressed deep sorrow over the death of ten people in a tragic accident in the Okete community, Ohimini Local Government Area.

    Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election

    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police probe officer who threatened to kill people filming him

    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo denies rescue of abducted students, teachers

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    May 22, 2026
    The Governor of Benue State, Hyacinth Alia, has expressed deep sorrow over the death of ten people in a tragic accident in the Okete community, Ohimini Local Government Area.

    Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election

    May 22, 2026
    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    May 22, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police probe officer who threatened to kill people filming him

    May 22, 2026
    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.