Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases

    May 23, 2026
    Nigerian troops during Operation Hadin Kai patrol operations in the North-East region.

    Troops rescue abducted 8-year-old child, kill terrorists in North-East operations

    May 23, 2026
    Fernandes named Premier League player of the season

    Fernandes named Premier League player of the season

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases
    • Troops rescue abducted 8-year-old child, kill terrorists in North-East operations
    • Fernandes named Premier League player of the season
    • Tinubu pulls landslide victory in Rivers presidential primary election
    • Tinubu defeats Osifo to win APC primary election in Ebonyi
    • 2027: Tinubu wins APC primary election in Gombe
    • Celtic win Scottish Cup to complete double
    • Hull promoted to Premier League after 1-0 win over Middlesbrough
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Collapsed Building: Osinbajo visits site, assures of government’s support

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorAugust 18, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Acting President Osinbajo flanked by Minister of State; Mohammed Bello and FEMA official
    Acting President Osinbajo flanked by Minister of State; Mohammed Bello and FEMA official
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Acting President Osinbajo flanked by Minister of State; Mohammed Bello and FEMA official
    Acting President Osinbajo flanked by Minister of State; Mohammed Bello and FEMA official

    Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, has described the collapse of a four-storey building in Jabi/Utako area of Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, as an unfortunate incident, and  assured that that all the relevant public agencies are on ground to ensure rescue operations are effectively carried out.

    Prof. Osinbajo said this when he visited the scene of the collapsed building in Utako area of the Federal Capital Territory earlier today. The building said to be under construction before the incident, collapsed earlier this afternoon.

    Speaking to the media afterwards, Prof. Osinbajo commiserated with relatives of those who may have died and those injured. He also hoped that who may still be trapped under the building would be rescued. The Acting President also assured that rescue operations are underway.

    Prof Osinbajo said, “First, I want to say the collapse of this building is a very unfortunate incident. As you know, it was a building under construction. It appears to have collapsed a few hours ago. I think that the most important thing at the moment is that we have all of the relief, safety and emergency management agencies all here. NEMA is here, the FCT authorities are here, the Hon. Minister himself is here, the executive government is here.

    “So, the whole process of ensuring that those who may be trapped under this collapsed building are rescued is well underway. As you can see, all of the emergency equipment, help movers and the equipment that are required, are here. There is enough for us to expect that they should at least be able to rescue anyone who may still be trapped in this building. I am quite satisfied so far with the level of the activities to ensure that this very unfortunate incident is not made worse by any loss of lives.”

    The Acting President was accompanied to the site by the FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Bello, and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Boss Mustapha.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases

    Nigerian troops during Operation Hadin Kai patrol operations in the North-East region.

    Troops rescue abducted 8-year-old child, kill terrorists in North-East operations

    The Anambra State governor, Prof. Charles Soludo, has congratulated President Bola Tinubu on the occasion of his 74th birthday on Sunday, March 29, 2026.

    Tinubu pulls landslide victory in Rivers presidential primary election

    The Anambra State governor, Prof. Charles Soludo, has congratulated President Bola Tinubu on the occasion of his 74th birthday on Sunday, March 29, 2026.

    Tinubu defeats Osifo to win APC primary election in Ebonyi

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    2027: Tinubu wins APC primary election in Gombe

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases

    May 23, 2026
    Nigerian troops during Operation Hadin Kai patrol operations in the North-East region.

    Troops rescue abducted 8-year-old child, kill terrorists in North-East operations

    May 23, 2026
    Fernandes named Premier League player of the season

    Fernandes named Premier League player of the season

    May 23, 2026
    The Anambra State governor, Prof. Charles Soludo, has congratulated President Bola Tinubu on the occasion of his 74th birthday on Sunday, March 29, 2026.

    Tinubu pulls landslide victory in Rivers presidential primary election

    May 23, 2026
    The Anambra State governor, Prof. Charles Soludo, has congratulated President Bola Tinubu on the occasion of his 74th birthday on Sunday, March 29, 2026.

    Tinubu defeats Osifo to win APC primary election in Ebonyi

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.