Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Alvaro Arbeloa appointed as Real Madrid head coach after Alonso exit

    Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure

    May 22, 2026
    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent manager

    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure
    • Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028
    • Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit
    • Man City confirm Guardiola exit after trophy-filled 10-year reign
    • Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo
    • JUST IN: Sani approves nearly N1bn for Kaduna workers’ entitlements
    • Trump sends 5000 US troops to Poland, NATO gives nod
    • Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Cholera: Lagos confirms 15 deaths, records 350 suspected cases

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJune 16, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Nigeria files four emergency requests as cholera cases surge
    FILE PHOTO: A sick child receiving treatment from Cholera
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Lagos Ministry of Health has confirmed 15 deaths and 350 suspected cases of cholera in the state.

    “Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Professor Akin Abayomi, disclosed this on Saturday while speaking on steps taken to control the outbreak in Lagos State. He revealed that 350 suspected cases of cholera were reported in 29 wards across multiple LGAs in Lagos State, with 17 confirmed cases and 15 fatalities so far,” the ministry said in a statement.

    It quoted Abayomi as saying, however, that the cases of cholera in the state are on a downward move.

    “The laboratory investigation and test results have so far confirmed cholera sub-type O-1. This subtype is associated with a more severe disease. The pattern of new cases per day varies across LGAS, according to our ongoing surveillance and monitoring updates,” the health commissioner said in the statement signed by the ministry’s Director of Public Affairs, Tunbosun Ogunbanwo.

    “Although this is an increase from the numbers published three days ago, cases are now dramatically subsiding in previously affected LGAs due to our interventions and surveillance efforts, however, we are recording some new cases in previously unaffected LGAs, signalling the need for residents to adhere strictly to precautionary, personal, and environmental hygiene measures.”

    • Oyo govt issues health alert over suspected Cholera cases

    Reporting Symptoms

    He said, “Inspections of facilities are ongoing. We are prepositioning cholera kits in health facilities across the state. Our efforts to control the outbreak also include the distribution of oral rehydration solutions (ORS) and public health education campaigns.”

    The commissioner called on residents of Lagos State to adhere strictly to precautionary measures, cooperate with health authorities, and participate in community-wide sanitation activities to mitigate the spread of cholera, particularly as the Eid-al-Adha celebration approaches.

    “Reporting symptoms like watery diarrhea or vomiting immediately is also crucial, to save lives and prevent transmission to other members of the community,” he said. “Treatment for suspected cholera is provided free of charge at all government facilities as part of the government’s standard public health response.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Kaduna State Governor Uba Sani addressing judiciary staff union leaders during a meeting at Sir Kashim Ibrahim House in Kaduna.

    JUST IN: Sani approves nearly N1bn for Kaduna workers’ entitlements

    Trump : You're on your own, US tells citizens in Israel amid Middle East tensions 

    Trump sends 5000 US troops to Poland, NATO gives nod

    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    The Governor of Benue State, Hyacinth Alia, has expressed deep sorrow over the death of ten people in a tragic accident in the Okete community, Ohimini Local Government Area.

    Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election

    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Alvaro Arbeloa appointed as Real Madrid head coach after Alonso exit

    Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure

    May 22, 2026
    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent manager

    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Man City confirm Guardiola exit after trophy-filled 10-year reign

    May 22, 2026
    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.