Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Former Minister of Power Adebayo Adelabu, who resigned to contest the Oyo governorship primaries, has failed to clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

    Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister

    May 23, 2026
    Omoyele Sowore speaking on rejection of opposition coalition ahead of 2027 election

    ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition

    May 23, 2026
    NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market

    NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister
    • ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition
    • NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market
    • US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images
    • How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting
    • Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine
    • Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice
    • Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    China: 35 killed as car crashes into fans outside stadium

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoNovember 12, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    China: 35 killed as car crashes into fans outside stadium
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    No fewer than 35 people were killed and 43 more injured after a car ploughed into a crowd of people exercising at a stadium in Zhuhai, China, on Monday, according to authorities.

    A 62-year-old male driver, surnamed Fan, is accused of driving an SUV through a barrier and into Zhuhai Sports Centre in what local police described as a “serious and vicious attack.”.

    According to Chinese media, the injured included numerous old individuals, youths, and toddlers.

    • China: Knife attacker kills three, injures 15 in supermarket attack

    Fan was detained while attempting to flee, according to authorities, and is currently in a coma due to self-inflicted wounds.

    The incident occurred despite increased security in the city, which is staging a large civic and military airshow.

    According to police, the ramming attack was motivated by Fan’s displeasure with the outcome of his divorce settlement.

    However, because of his coma, he is unable to be questioned by authorities.

    Most recordings of the incident recorded by eyewitnesses had been removed from Chinese social media by Tuesday morning, but some footage that remained online showed numerous individuals laying on the ground and being treated by paramedics and onlookers.

    Mr. Chen, an eyewitness, told Chinese news magazine Caixin that at least six groups of people were gathered at the stadium for their daily walks when the incident occurred.

    The groups follow a prescribed walking path around the stadium’s perimeter.

    Mr. Chen stated that his group had just finished its third loop around the stadium when a car suddenly rushed towards them at high speed, “knocking down many people.”.

    “It drove in a loop, and people were hurt in all areas of the running track—east, south, west, and north,” another eyewitness told Caixin.

    It is unclear if the incident was related to the high-profile Airshow China, which began on Tuesday at a venue roughly 40 kilometres (24 miles) from the stadium.

    China will display its latest jets and attack drones during the event, while top Russian official Sergei Shoigu is likely to attend.

    Several gates and exits to the sports centre were closed during the airshow to allow for “control,” according to the centre’s administration on Tuesday.

    Chinese President Xi Jinping expressed serious worry about the event, ordering officials to make every effort to treat the injured and asking for the criminal to face harsh punishment.

    In response, the central government deployed a working group to assist with the incident.

    In recent months, China has experienced a surge in violent attacks on the general population.

    In September, a man went on a stabbing spree in a Shanghai supermarket, murdering three people and wounding many more.

    That same month, a 10-year-old Japanese student was stabbed near his school in southern China and died the next day.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Former Minister of Power Adebayo Adelabu, who resigned to contest the Oyo governorship primaries, has failed to clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

    Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister

    Omoyele Sowore speaking on rejection of opposition coalition ahead of 2027 election

    ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition

    NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market

    NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market

    US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images

    US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    Colombia mine explosion kills nine

    Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Former Minister of Power Adebayo Adelabu, who resigned to contest the Oyo governorship primaries, has failed to clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

    Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister

    May 23, 2026
    Omoyele Sowore speaking on rejection of opposition coalition ahead of 2027 election

    ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition

    May 23, 2026
    NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market

    NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market

    May 23, 2026
    US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images

    US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images

    May 23, 2026
    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.